The Top10ometer™ (2022/23)

Kaizero

The Top10ometer™ (+ Top10ometer™ for Dummies)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top 10? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2. 2. Will we finish top 10?

Current Form

1 Burnley                 6 16

2 Manchester City 6 15

3 Tottenham Hotspur 6 15

4 Manchester United 6 15

5 Liverpool                 6         13

6 Newcastle United 6 13

7 Arsenal                 6 9

(Everton up next - current form rating 8)

Actually in with a good shout of winning our next 3 games on current form.

Evrtn (a)                

WBA (h)                

Wtfrd (a)

Burnley aren't going to trip up now, 3rd best defence in the league as things stand. But 8th place is attainable, 9th more likely. Some achievement either way.

Think we're virtually guaranteed 10th place as of this moment. Only Bournemouth can fuck that up (with our assistance) and their current form is a 6 with Man U and Burnley to play (only 4 game left compared to our 5).

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d regard this season as a bigger achievement than the season we finished 5th and certainly a season I will look back on more fonder. The football hasn’t always been great, it’s been poor at times, but it’s all structured and when you watch us play now it all makes sense the earlier style we adopted and how we tried to play against certain teams. I love how we go out to win as well, regardless of who we play. Rafa sent us out not to get beat against City of course, but he also sent us out to try and win the game at a certain point or time. Give Rafa some onthe players Pardew had a his disposal and top 6 would be a regular occurrence.

Impressive that our first seasons back in the top flight the last 3 times have been 3rd, 12th and potentially 10th.

Second seasons back have been 3rd and 5th.

Next season? Top 6, one of the cups.

qRDEznT.png

6th in 95.

Can't even blame autocorrect on that. Terrible.

Guest Howaythetoon

When we finished 3rd under KK we actually started the season with 1 point from 4 if I remember right, but we went to Old Trafford and it was an even game, Cole grabbing his first of many in a 1-1 draw that Fergie even praised. As soon as we went up KK said we are after Man Utd’s title and when asked if trying to stay up was the main target, KK said I have the players and the fans to beat the top sides so just staying up was not on the agenda. We had a great season, playing wonderful football with a young team. We played better football that season aesthetically than we did when we finished 2nd. Although for the first few months of the 94-95 season we were immense. Best period/era we’ve had probably since the 50s.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm sure the first 8 games we scored, 3, 4, 5, 3, 4, 5, 3, 4 or something ridiculous in all competitions. :lol:

Remember the Black & White videos from that time.

I think we had the best start ever to a PL season until Chelsea under Mourinho in terms of wins and highest tally of goals until Ancelotti at Chelsea. We started the 94-95 and 95-96 seasons like a train on fire.

We'd have been 8 points off Europe with a game in hand if Joselu had just twatted that penalty.

:lol:

That’s not how things work.

I don't know, the mackems would be on the verge of the play-offs if they hadn't sold Mannone.......

I guess his point is that if Joselu scored that pen it doesn't mean we'd have definitely won that game. We still went 1 up in that game and blew it, we might not have scored that Lascelles goal if we were already 1 up

We'd have been 8 points off Europe with a game in hand if Joselu had just twatted that penalty.

:lol:

We would have been though. :lol: