Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

I know, I'm getting very laid back about it all now :lol:

Same here. In the past I'd have been following twitter all day praying we'd sign someone. This last month I've just casually had a quick glance!

Last need filled in my view if he joins, Rafa's done a good job identifying where we were lacking and filling the gaps. If tiote goes we will need another CM though I think, but doubt Tiote goes. Think in January we'll probably want a Wayne Routledge type signing, but not much else assuming the squad holds together.

Still feel we lack creativity through the middle and if ritchie gets cracked we still lack decent backup.

Would like atsu and one more that can cover wings/number 10. I guess quotes have pointed to gayle being able to play out wide and Perez could fill that role too.

Still feel we lack creativity through the middle and if ritchie gets cracked we still lack decent backup.

Would like atsu and one more that can cover wings/number 10. I guess quotes have pointed to gayle being able to play out wide and Perez could fill that role too.

Aye, I think we have a lot of cover in attacking positions but we lack a proper playmaker and Ritchie is the only natural winger with any kind of final ball (maybe Atsu changes that, I cannot remember ever seeing him play). We'll probably be fine without them but it sticks out.

Looked good for Malaga in stretches, scored one and had some very promising dribbling/passing v Mauritius in his last international match. Has some pedigree, at least.

Structure of the deal works well, too, I like a good "prove yourself" loan.

Mauritius? The likes of Gibraltar and the Faroe Islands probably class Mauritius as a "minnow" when it comes to world football.