Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

peasepud,

assuming that this catches the imagination of the local public and everything goes to plan and we raise £300m, what makes you think that Ashley won't see all this available cash and move the goalposts by raising the price? Has negotiating a buyout price been factored in or are we just going to pay whatever it takes once the funds are in place?

Basically, its being ran in two stages, the first is to raise an amount which is seen as a sensible "proof of intent" then we will sit down with MA, do due diligence and agree a price. We will not be held to ransom over this, what will be paid is a fair price for the club depending on its current financial state etc. You're right though it would be far too easy for us to raise £200m and shout about it just to then have Ashley say "the price is £200m take it or leave it".

If that happened then we'd leave it, buying the club for over the odds would just mean we'd all be screwed in the long term, ideal scenario is we leave the money sitting there until he sees sense but otherwise we hand everyone their money back and give up. All we've lost is 5% of our deposits so on a £1500 investment that would be £7.50.

Thats a gamble Im willing to take.

We raise enough to prove we're serious, talk to him, agree a price, raise that, buy the club and then pull in the rest. Obviously we'll already have an understanding from those that have shown an interest as to just how much in total we will have but nobody other than those directly involved would know that.

peasepud,

assuming that this catches the imagination of the local public and everything goes to plan and we raise £300m, what makes you think that Ashley won't see all this available cash and move the goalposts by raising the price? Has negotiating a buyout price been factored in or are we just going to pay whatever it takes once the funds are in place?

Basically, its being ran in two stages, the first is to raise an amount which is seen as a sensible "proof of intent" then we will sit down with MA, do due diligence and agree a price. We will not be held to ransom over this, what will be paid is a fair price for the club depending on its current financial state etc. You're right though it would be far too easy for us to raise £200m and shout about it just to then have Ashley say "the price is £200m take it or leave it".

If that happened then we'd leave it, buying the club for over the odds would just mean we'd all be screwed in the long term, ideal scenario is we leave the money sitting there until he sees sense but otherwise we hand everyone their money back and give up. All we've lost is 5% of our deposits so on a £1500 investment that would be £7.50.

We raise enough to prove we're serious, talk to him, agree a price, raise that, buy the club and then pull in the rest. Obviously we'll already have an understanding from those that have shown an interest as to just how much in total we will have but nobody other than those directly involved would know that.

Do we REALLY want more people who are bad with numbers running our club?

NUST OUT!

;)

peasepud,

NUST OUT!

;)

I typed a similar message but deleted it sharpish - he means 5% of £150 (the initial deposit) I think.

NUST OUT!

;)

Do you want to have a rethink of exactly what Im talking about and come back on that? ;)

Ah bollocks. I've just realised what you meant. If you change the word 'deposit' to 'investment', i'd be right. ;)

NUST IN!

Random question I guess, but how would the club support itself after the purchase? We know it isn't making a profit at the moment, and Ashley has put in his own money to take on debts.

Where would finance come from once the club was owned by fans. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread.

Random question I guess, but how would the club support itself after the purchase? We know it isn't making a profit at the moment, and Ashley has put in his own money to take on debts.

Where would finance come from once the club was owned by fans. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread.

Im sorry but I cant keep repeating answers to earlier questions, its all there in the thread and in the info we've put up so far.

I think once the protest songs have died down and hard headed figures take over this is a very sobering thought.

There is a serious deficit in the club's operating budget and frankly we did well to retain the number of players we did post relegation when many clubs would have had to shed almost all high earners.

Whatever anyone says about the FCB it does seem the operating deficit is being made up by himself at present and circa £20M p.a. would not be too far wide of the mark.

Any new owners (the NUST or other) will have to factor this in and without a wealthy benefactor it could be quite painful.

I think once the protest songs have died down and hard headed figures take over this is a very sobering thought.

There is a serious deficit in the club's operating budget and frankly we did well to retain the number of players we did post relegation when many clubs would have had to shed almost all high earners.

Whatever anyone says about the FCB it does seem the operating deficit is being made up by himself at present and circa £20M p.a. would not be too far wide of the mark.

Any new owners (the NUST or other) will have to factor this in and without a wealthy benefactor it could be quite painful.

Indeed - but if the whole thing is put together by professionals (and the understanding is that it is) then that issue will be dealt with in a detailed business plan. People won't invest unless the plan hangs together, especially the wealthier "business savvy" types.

Im sorry but I cant keep repeating answers to earlier questions, its all there in the thread and in the info we've put up so far.

Understood!

Guest Roger Kint

It'd probably be worth creating a sticky thread with all the Q&As from this thread in, just to stop people from repreating themselves or other people.

Good point, its only going to get more confusing as more info is released if people are mixing new and old stuff

If you could do that then Id appreciate it, I dont want to appear like an arsey sod but the thought of me having to repeat stuff regularly instead of posters reading the thread is not a good one especially as Im doing this on a number of message boards.

Any help in that way would be appreciated.

Guest toonlass

Who would NUST install as manager if they were successful in their bid?

the answer has to be........."the best we consider available at the time"

And if they were successful now, who would it be?

Getting way, way ahead of the situation here.

Getting way, way ahead of the situation here.

Exactly, that is off in the future and frankly down to the President and board to decide. No doubt part of their election campaigns would include all of those details so technically its then down to the fans to ultimately decide who we go for.

Is the ultimate aim to get 70000+ fans putting in £1500 each, or is there an expectation that 2 or 3 parties will donate a lot more? Sorry if that's already been asked.

I'd certainly go with the suggestion earlier that we each put £10 in :D

£10 isnt laughable. those who want to go down the 1500 route still can, but those who cant, who still want to contribute, could own part of a share.

Is the ultimate aim to get 70000+ fans putting in £1500 each, or is there an expectation that 2 or 3 parties will donate a lot more? Sorry if that's already been asked.

I'd certainly go with the suggestion earlier that we each put £10 in :D

£10 isnt laughable. those who want to go down the 1500 route still can, but those who cant, who still want to contribute, could own part of a share.

CP, i think getting loads to put in £10 each will be a nightmare as you'd be canvassing too many peoples opinions when it comes to voting.  Ideally think it would be much more workable trying to get 30 people off here all investing £50 each.

If NUST = a NUFC version of http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/thumb/d/df/Ebbsfleet_United_Football_Club.jpg/240px-Ebbsfleet_United_Football_Club.jpg+http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f2/Myfclogo.png = This will not end well.