Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

It's kind of made me want South Africa to do well in the World Cup that show...

Aye. I want the host to do well every tournament though, kinda loses a bit of the atmosphere when they crash out early. I think they'll do rubbish though, unfortunately.

Guest Geordiesned

I hadn't actually realised South Africa are unbeaten in their last 12 matches. Not sure if they've played anyone decent in that time though. Maybe they have got a chance to progress.

I hadn't actually realised South Africa are unbeaten in their last 12 matches. Not sure if they've played anyone decent in that time though. Maybe they have got a chance to progress.

Beat Denmark over the weekend who are ok. Not sure what strength team the Danes had out though.

13.55-18.05, ITV4: Repeat of last night's Soccer Aid debacle

20.30-21.00, BBC3: The WAGs' Stories

4/5 - Amii

Five WAGs experience the reality of life behind the World Cup gloss by working in some of the poorest and most deprived neighbourhoods in South Africa. Amii Grove relives her experiences, beginning in Khayelitsha, a crime-ridden township in Cape Town, where she gives comfort to a 13-year-old girl who is ill after having been raped. But on the last leg of the trip where she is expected to work as a foster mum to 13 children orphaned by AIDS, Amii finds the experience more than she can cope with.

23.20-23.50, BBC1: Inside Sport

Gabby Logan looks at the tumultuous modern history of South Africa over the last fifty years, and explains how sport and the international boycott played a crucial role in the politics of South Africa, from apartheid to the release of Mandela to the 2010 World Cup. Famous South African sportsmen such as Gary Player, Chester Williams and Steven Pienaar tell of their experiences in apartheid South Africa, and John Emburey explains why he broke the international boycott to compete in South Africa.

Add any I've overlooked!

15.00, Sky Sports News: England v Platinum Stars

England play their final game before the start of the 2010 World Cup on Monday in a warm-up match against local South African side the Platinum Stars.

Tuesday, 8 June 2010

8:00pm - 9:00pm, ITV4: FIFA World Cup Greatest Moments

Matt Smith looks back at the World Cup's greatest ever moments, including England's victorious 1966 final against West Germany and Brazil's brilliant win over Italy in 1970. Journalists and pundits including Clive Tyldesley, Robbie Earle and David Pleat give their views.

10:00pm - 11:30pm, More4: True Stories: Albino United

Teams on away games often face a hostile home crowd, but none so blood-chilling as those braved by Albino United, Tanzanian footballers who all have the condition that affects skin pigmentation. In recent years, many albinos have been killed or maimed so that their body parts can be used by witchdoctors in potions and remedies. As World Cup fever sweeps Africa, Albino United head out from Dar es Salaam to tour dangerous territories around Tanzania. They hope to convince the crowds that attitudes towards albinism must change. "We have decided to show people we are humans," says one player. "We are not here to be sacrificed." This rough and ready film shows glimmers of heart in the darkness.

10:35pm - 11:05pm, BBC1: Panorama: Man United - into the Red

Red is the colour of Manchester United - but now it's as famous as the colour of the club's balance sheet. Thousands of its fans wear green and gold - a protest against American owners the Glazer family who, they say, have saddled the club with a growing mountain of debt. On the eve of the World Cup - and ahead of a possible bid for the club - John Sweeney explores the battle for the soul of United, the true scale of its debts and its ramifications for our national game.

Add any I've missed, leyk.

Tuesday, 8 June 2010

8:00pm - 9:00pm, ITV4: FIFA World Cup Greatest Moments

Matt Smith looks back at the World Cup's greatest ever moments, including England's victorious 1966 final against West Germany and Brazil's brilliant win over Italy in 1970. Journalists and pundits including Clive Tyldesley, Robbie Earle and David Pleat give their views.

10:00pm - 11:30pm, More4: True Stories: Albino United

Teams on away games often face a hostile home crowd, but none so blood-chilling as those braved by Albino United, Tanzanian footballers who all have the condition that affects skin pigmentation. In recent years, many albinos have been killed or maimed so that their body parts can be used by witchdoctors in potions and remedies. As World Cup fever sweeps Africa, Albino United head out from Dar es Salaam to tour dangerous territories around Tanzania. They hope to convince the crowds that attitudes towards albinism must change. "We have decided to show people we are humans," says one player. "We are not here to be sacrificed." This rough and ready film shows glimmers of heart in the darkness.

10:35pm - 11:05pm, BBC1: Panorama: Man United - into the Red

Red is the colour of Manchester United - but now it's as famous as the colour of the club's balance sheet. Thousands of its fans wear green and gold - a protest against American owners the Glazer family who, they say, have saddled the club with a growing mountain of debt. On the eve of the World Cup - and ahead of a possible bid for the club - John Sweeney explores the battle for the soul of United, the true scale of its debts and its ramifications for our national game.

Add any I've missed, leyk.

This programme reminded me how mint Zidane was for headbutting Materazzi. Should have done it in the face though tbf, bit less dangerous.

4:05pm - 4:35pm, BBC1: World Cup Stories

Celebrating South Africa as it becomes the first nation in Africa to host the FIFA World Cup. Featuring South Africa's stunning landscapes, architecturally unique stadiums and stark social environmental contrasts. Six personal stories provide a window on to the world of six very different South African children.

8:00pm - 9:00pm, Channel 4: Come Dine with Me WAGS Special

You thought Come Dine with Me was as rancorously daft as TV could get, but no: they've cranked it up further with a gang of footballers' wives and girlfriends and the result is horribly, cruelly funny. It's just too easy to mock Wags when they're as ditzy as this lot. "I could talk about shoes all day," coos Chantelle Tagoe (Emile Heskey's other half) as she fondles a pair of heels that may have cost £1,200 or £1,800, she can't quite remember. Meanwhile, Jude Cisse passes off cucumber as papaya and movingly describes the romantic day when Djibril proposed marriage to her by text message. Aah. It's worth watching for the interiors alone - the sofas with rows of cushions four-deep, the floor-to-ceiling shelves for your handbags and the gilt throne for the hostess to sit on (the Cisses have something of a gilt complex). The strangest thing is that you may decide by the end that for all their clueless decadence, in at least three of four cases, these really aren't bad people.

8:00pm - 10:00pm, BBC3: World Cup's Most Shocking Moments

Peter Crouch once again humiliates himself on national TV.

Add any I've missed, plsthanxbye.

Guest Geordiesned

Did anyone watch Come Dine With Me? That Nicola T (who was on big brother) was canny but the rest were dense!

Did anyone watch Come Dine With Me? That Nicola T (who was on big brother) was canny but the rest were dense!

Stephen Irelands lass wasnt as bad as I thought she was going to be.

Yeh I enjoyed it. None of the nastiness that the normal episodes have, although Cisse's wife is annoying. Nicola and Ireland's lass were great, but Heskey's piece shows about as much emotion as Ryan Taylor.

Guest Geordiesned

Heskey's lass showing off the huge canvasses of Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela whilst admitting she didn't really know who Martin Luther was, was facepalmtastic!