The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I clearly said the best manager to ever manage us in terms of CV :thup:

1st Rafa Benitez

2nd Sir Bobby Robson

Keegan

That's quite a gap to fill :lol:

The CV of Rafa Benitez and Sir Bobby Robson are on another planet to Keegan though.

On CV alone Keegan wouldn’t even get a second interview up against them two :lol:

Why are you obsessed with their achievements outside of NUFC? got fuck all to do with us

I was just making the point that Keegan was just a good Newcastle manager not a great manager.

Rafa Benitez and Sir Bobby Robson proved to be great managers all over the world.

Rafa Benitez and Sir Bobby both won trophies in 3 different leagues by far the best we’ve had in terms of highest level of manager in charge of the club :thup:

Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.

Well quite.

We will :snod:

Pochettino has lost like 17 times this season with a lineup that cost on average £300million.

“Miracle” worker though :rolleyes:

Got Spurs to a CL final.

And it's hot shit anyway. Cba to find their most appeared XI but the strongest is arguably:

Lloris - 12m

Sanchez - 42m

Alderweireld - 11.5m

Vertonghen - 12m

Trippier - 3.5m

Sissoko - 30m

Eriksen - 11m

Rose - 1m

Son - 22m

Kane - Nowt

Alli - 5m

Total - £150m

Even if you add in Lucas (22m), Lamela (25m) and Aurier (22.5m) for their 3 cheapest players it's still wildly inaccurate. Maybe he's stuffing 50's into the players kegs but that'd be a lot of notes.

I'm not trying to even enter this argument, but wasn't most of that team purchased like prior to the most recent super inflation of transfer fees? Literally honest question. I recall at the time thinking Son was expensive as fuck in context to other deals.

There are a couple of points there. If we're looking at other transfer fees in that window then we see:

De Bruyne - 55M

Di Maria (to PSG) - 44.3M

Sterling - 44M

Martial - 36M

Benteke - 32.5M

Otamendi - 32M

Depay - 31M

Firmino - 29M

Schneiderlin - 25M

So was he expensive as fuck? In retrospect, absolutely not. In addition, I think you kinda reinforce my point. I suspect that you thought he was expensive as fuck at the time because he wasn't as high profile or proven, so it seemed like a lot of money to pay. We have had to take those kind of risks because - like I say - we haven't been able to compete with the other five for wages and/or fees for the proven stars. Our other buys that window? Alderweireld for 11.5M, N'Jie for 8.3M, Wimmer for 4.3M and Trippier for 3.5M. Two absolute bargains, one guy we managed to shift on for a significant profit, and one of those risks that didn't pay off.

Poch has done an extraordinary job.

Guest neesy111

Who's the best ever Newcastle player? Nicky Butt I reckon. Check out the CV on that little ginger fucker. :snod:

:spit: :mackems: :lol:

I remember how we were struggling to balance all the players Allardyce has signed so Keegan with his lack of tactical nous played Owen in the hole behind Viduka and Martins and it actually worked

That tactic was amazing. Then Mike Ashley ruined it :(

Why are you obsessed with their achievements outside of NUFC? got fuck all to do with us

I was just making the point that Keegan was just a good Newcastle manager not a great manager.

Rafa Benitez and Sir Bobby Robson proved to be great managers all over the world.

Rafa Benitez and Sir Bobby both won trophies in 3 different leagues by far the best we’ve had in terms of highest level of manager in charge of the club :thup:

Mustn’t forget about the glory days of trophy-laden Dalglish, Gullit and Souness. Even Roeder won the Intertoto Cup and Pardew won a friendly tournament in Spain

I didn't get to watch Keegan's team but I know how good it was.

Robson's team felt like a second chance almost to witness good football being played here in modern times after Keegan left.

Can't underestimate the job Rafa and even Hughton himself did at giving us a chance to still save this club from itself, basically.

Most valuable squads across the whole of Europe according to a report by CIES.

Man City - £1.2bn

Liverpool - £1.2bn

Barcelona - £1.0bn

”Shoestring” Pochettino - £991m

Man United - £888m

Imagine getting 4th and winning nothing for the 6th/7th season in a row with the 4th most value squad in Europe.

Extraordinary Poch :clap:

Guest neesy111

Most valuable squads across the whole of Europe according to a report by CIES.

Man City - £1.2bn

Liverpool - £1.2bn

Barcelona - £1.0bn

”Shoestring” Pochettino - £991m

Man United - £888m

Imagine getting 4th and winning nothing for the 6th/7th season in a row with the 4th most value squad in Europe.

Extraordinary Poch :clap:

Are you actually thick?

He's turned them into a valuable squad because he's a very good coach and manager which is easily seen.