The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

what are juve thinking there, he the man to take them further in the CL?  hard to see it

There’s pretty much no other managers available and his reputation in Italy is way higher than it is here.

well, i mean rafa would have been an amazing fit for them in fairness if they could have convinced him to come but yeah probably not much else about...mourinho will be fewmin

what are juve thinking there, he the man to take them further in the CL?  hard to see it

There’s pretty much no other managers available and his reputation in Italy is way higher than it is here.

well, i mean rafa would have been an amazing fit for them in fairness if they could have convinced him to come but yeah probably not much else about...mourinho will be fewmin

Rafa isn't suited to the very biggest clubs IMO

They want to move away from reactive, just winning football. They want to brand build and win in style, just winning isn’t enough for them. Sarri has that reputation from Napoli even if at Chelsea it didn’t always work.

Serie A may well be interesting next season, all the big clubs have new managers.

I don't think any manager can survive long term anymore at Chelsea unless Abramovich sells the club or changes the board. They went to huge lengths to get Sarri as manager, had a battle with Napoli to agree compensation for most of last summer and got him players that he wanted like Jorginho to help settle the team, but once he hit some bad form around Christmas he was as good as gone.

Chelsea have had some really good managers in the last few years, but it seems they can't last very long if the board don't support them when in difficult times or if the players and fans show discontent. I reckon if Chelsea got Guardiola instead of Man City and he had the same season when he first arrived in the Premier League he would have been sacked as well. Chelsea used to be able to survive these manager changes when they had Terry, Lampard and Drogba in the squad, but not anymore especially after selling Hazard.

I don't what they are thinking or expect Lampard to achieve if they appoint him as manager. He has done well in his first job in management at Derby, but finishing in the play offs with Derby is not exactly over achieving its about where you expect Derby to finish these days in the Championship. With a transfer ban and without Hazard its difficult to see them finishing in the top 6 it would be embarrassing for the rest of the league if the likes of Wolves and Leicester can't finish above them next season.

I cant agree with this, Chelsea have an amazing squad and have already signed Hazards replacement in Christian Pulisic, Zouma will replace the outgoing Cahill, If Lampard goes there and they dont finish top 4 with a good run in the Champions league and the cups its a massive failure

Replacing Hazard with Pulisic is a downgrade. Cahill wasn't getting in the first team anyway.

Pretty confident Lampard will fail and i'll love it.

Not sure why people think Lampard is certain to fail - he's done well at Derby.

Name a manager with as little experience as Frank Lampard that has succeeded in the PL, let alone at one of the top clubs.

That's probably why!

Not the Premier League but Zidane and Pep had only Spanish B team experience behind them before nailing the Real Madrid and Barcelona jobs - a single season in Guardiola's case.

tbh, when you see what is happening in Germany, maybe clubs in England need to be a bit more adventurous with their manager hires.

I would say this. Both inherited teams that won the CL 18 months before. And both seem to be generational talents as managers. Pep certainly so. I also think managing Real requires a certain type of manager and Zidane is it. Chelsea's squad is as weak as it's ever been since Abramovic has been there. Best players:

Kante

Azpi maybe?

Willian

RLC

Luiz

Most exciting is RLC and he's made of glass.

What a waste

Waste why what does that bloke offer the Premier League ???

Do we really need to watch a manager setup to concede 80+ goals in the Premier League?

People like Jokanovic are the ones that make the Premier League look uncompetitive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep moves to Juve in a couple of years and Sarri is like a transition between Allegri and Pep.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep moves to Juve in a couple of years and Sarri is like a transition between Allegri and Pep.

Agree I think he will want to win Serie A next then retire fairly young at somewhere like PSG in the French league.

He looks on a masterful career plan.

Definitely think Jurgen Klopp will out stay him in the Premier League :thup:

Guest Yerdas El Savon

What a waste

Waste why what does that bloke offer the Premier League ???

Do we really need to watch a manager setup to concede 80+ goals in the Premier League?

People like Jokanovic are the ones that make the Premier League look uncompetitive.

Who said anything about the Premier League?

Name a manager with as little experience as Frank Lampard that has succeeded in the PL, let alone at one of the top clubs.

That's probably why! 

Eddie Howe

That's probably why! 

Eddie Howe

Gallowgate End to appear in 3...2...

Always find it quite staggering when some clubs come out with these badly written, emotionally-charged statements. You're so used to seeing meaningless, corporate platitudes and avoidances, which I suppose represents the complete opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to this sort of thing.