Football podcasts

Gash

Well I turned it off when the bloke said Keegan fell out with Ashley purely cos the budget constraints were too tight and he wanted flair players and 4-3s every week. But there had already been a couple of ill-informed assumptions prior to that; eg the fans started to dislike Ashley when we started losing football matches. Also said we were in debt cos of the players we bought, which is partly true but not when you're citing Ginola and Asprilla as examples. Just nah. No ta.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yorkie[/member] all owa the airwaves with superbly put together points.

Being beamed out all across space right now too.

• 2 months later...

Subbed up to Second Captains as I wanted to listen to some of the politics podcasts they've done in the past, I think it's the best football podcast there is as well. I could listen to Ken Early read the phone book.

Subbed up to Second Captains as I wanted to listen to some of the politics podcasts they've done in the past, I think it's the best football podcast there is as well. I could listen to Ken Early read the phone book.

He’s class, some of the comparisons he pulls out are ridiculous :lol:

Edit: also his political pods and Richie Sadliers players chair are nice additions to the world service.

Will give that a try, cheers for the recommendation.

I think you'll like it, the Monday football podcast (the only one you get for free unless you're into fucking hurling or Gaelic football or something) hits a really nice mix of discussing what happened in the big games over the weekend and also often a Set Piece Menu type 'big picture' discussion, usually with a guest and they generally get the cream of the crop on - Rory Smith, Jonathan Wilson, Miguel Delaney etc.

Aye, it’s good even when they're banging on about some Irish cunt you’ve never heard of. Ken Early is class. He and Rory Smith are probably the two most erudite journalists on football without being dull, OTT or unrealistic.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, just the usual, but the latest Set Piece Menu was a fascinating chat. Focused mainly on the MLS but the discussion branched out into all sorts. Really recommend a listen.

Fans of Serie A nostalgia should listen to Graham Hunter's recent two parter with Sven Goran Eriksson. In fact I'd say it's a must listen if you're a fan of that era. He's great is Sven. More talent in his little fingernail than in the entirety of our chump in our dugout.

Always thought he got a raw deal as England manager tbh. I know it was our so-called ‘Golden era’ but the likes of Brazil & Portugal in particular were also class around that time. We’d have probably won the World Cup if Ronaldinho hadn’t fluked that free-kick for instance.

• 4 weeks later...

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I massively recommend the recent Quickly Kevin podcast with Clive Tyldesley. He's got some fascinating stories and he's genuinely a funny guy. Skip to about nine minutes to avoid the hosts' tedious cackling over moderately amusing matters and get straight to the interview.