MOTD - Luque a £9m waste of money

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think it's more to do with the fact when he plays he looks like he's not bothered, doesn't run about, doesn't try to get into decent postitions, can't take on his man and overall shows himself to be yet another massive waste of money. He's had his chances he was crap simple as.

Guest thompers

I think it's more to do with the fact when he plays he looks like he's not bothered, doesn't run about, doesn't try to get into decent postitions, can't take on his man and overall shows himself to be yet another massive waste of money. He's had his chances he was crap simple as.

So basically no difference between him and Shola other than one cost £9.5m?

Exactly, though Shola does manage the odd fluke goal. First time in a very long time I've seen St James Park worried about a penalty when Shola stepped up to take it.

Guest thompers

Exactly, though Shola does manage the odd fluke goal. First time in a very long time I've seen St James Park worried about a penalty when Shola stepped up to take it.

Shola manages the odd fluke goal because he's actually on the pitch long enough for law of averages to kick in. There's no evidence to suggest that Luque wouldn't fluke more goals than Shola if given the same chances. I'd actually fully expect him to score more if they both played the same amount of minutes.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think the title is a bit misleading.

It wasn't MOTD, but it was Gavin Peacock's opinion.

who is a commentator on MOTD  :roll:

Aye it sure was mate  :thup: He did nto even go into any detail for his opinion. just said

"Luque a nine and a half million pound waste of money" then moved on.

Does it really deserve a thread of its own ?

Shola manages the odd fluke goal because he's actually on the pitch long enough for law of averages to kick in. There's no evidence to suggest that Luque wouldn't fluke more goals than Shola if given the same chances. I'd actually fully expect him to score more if they both played the same amount of minutes.

You seem to miss the point, I'd rather have someone on the pitch who's any good than someone who scores fluke goals. The fact is when Luque has played he has not played well enough for the manager to say, I can't leave him out. Sibierski has even done better than bloody Luque and he was free. Luque is not good enough to play in the Premiership, his football is not suited to the league he should go back to Spain where he can perform again.

Rest of the panel didn't exactly disagree. In fact I can't find many people who disagree just the handful on here who try to stick up for him despite his terrible performances.

Guest thompers

You seem to miss the point, I'd rather have someone on the pitch who's any good than someone who scores fluke goals. The fact is when Luque has played he has not played well enough for the manager to say, I can't leave him out. Sibierski has even done better than bloody Luque and he was free. Luque is not good enough to play in the Premiership, his football is not suited to the league he should go back to Spain where he can perform again.

Luis Garcia was a spanish misfit when he joined too. However, Liverpool were open minded and educated enough to keep faith and made a player out of him. Do you think if he got relegated to the reserves that he would have made any progress in adapting to english football?

another fine example of souness's keen eye for a transfer.  :roll:

i've always shoted for him to be sold even if it's for half what we paid for. i recall some people still thinking we should let him gor 8m. yeah righto. we'd be lucky to get him off our wage bill for 3m. he was really a pointless buy, and looks very lost at the mo.

Luis Garcia was a spanish misfit when he joined too. However, Liverpool were open minded and educated enough to keep faith and made a player out of him. Do you think if he got relegated to the reserves that he would have made any progress in adapting to english football?

But they were quick to get shot of Fernando Morientes when they realised he wasn't up to the task. Can you imagine how pissed off you would be if you went into work and they said, oh we've brough someone else in to do your job he's not very good yet but you never know he might come good soon. Bollocks to that I'd be a tad pissed off knowing I was being kept out of the side by someone who was performing like Luque.

Guest thompers

But they were quick to get shot of Fernando Morientes when they realised he wasn't up to the task. Can you imagine how pissed off you would be if you went into work and they said, oh we've brough someone else in to do your job he's not very good yet but you never know he might come good soon. Bollocks to that I'd be a tad pissed off knowing I was being kept out of the side by someone who was performing like Luque.

Erm who exactly would he be keeping out? Shola!? :lol:

Morientes was given every opportunity at Liverpool. He wasn't thrown into the reserves after only a handful of poor performances. When it appeared that he wasn't adapting they handled it so that another team could make use of him and get some money back on him. Sticking him in the reserves achieves NOTHING at all. On the pitch currently we are achieving NOTHING AT ALL. What have we got to lose by giving him an actual RUN of games?