U23s & Academy

Skirge

• 1 month later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Club seem to be making lots of seemingly positive ’changes’ around the academy lately in terms of personnel, those facilities though....

Guest Howaythetoon

No SD signs in sight tonight inside the actual ‘tent’ or whatever it’s called, unlike last time.

The players’ gym though man, the kids’ gym at the AOL puts it to shame. :lol:

My boy and his team played against two NUFC academy sides and although they lost both games (1-0 and 2-1), our boys dominated both games and were much the better side. In the first game against their 1st team they couldn’t handle my own son, resorting to kicking him and drawing fouls. Of his 3 long range free kicks he hit the bar/top corner of the post with one, drew a save with the other and smashed one over.

In the second game he was in goal and had nowt to do for most of it, their second team was much better than their first team with more even players ability wise. The first team has one outstanding player who is also at SAFC with my son. That team would smash both NUFC teams.

The club staff were top notch and for the club they ended the evening taping up a fair few players by the looks of it which is what these tournaments are all about. There is lots of talent in the region, but unless the club improves its set up to match them though, club and talent may both lose out!

Seems at NUFC the majority of kids in there are to make up the numbers. Two would get into my son’s club team and one of them plays for them anyway and the other used to.