Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Laurent Robert on Instagram is the best thing to come out of lockdown along with Andrew Cotter and his dogs.

He's been class. The man knows how to live :lol:

Anybody read this? I haven't but apparently it basically outlines he wasn't that good.

Now I don't mind these kind of things when someone scores 1 unbelievable or important goal and it colours people's perception into being that the player had a great game but surely when you score 4 goals in a game its completely ridiculous to try to say he didn't play that well? :lol:

That's not what it says at all, it actually says he was really good that day, despite Arsenal playing on the counter attack limiting his opportunities to influence the general play. Really good read IMO.

Remember signing him on the season we were in The Championship first time around and he was class for me. :lol:

Christ the lad must be some age if he was playing in 92-93.

Edit:  It was still the first division, wasn't it? how long did that last?

Remember signing him on the season we were in The Championship first time around and he was class for me. :lol:

Only been the Championship since 2004 tbh.

I was sure it was only the 1st division for two years at most.

Guest neesy111

Classic Greg this. :lol:

Classic Gregg this. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Greg[/member]

Anybody read this? I haven't but apparently it basically outlines he wasn't that good.

Now I don't mind these kind of things when someone scores 1 unbelievable or important goal and it colours people's perception into being that the player had a great game but surely when you score 4 goals in a game its completely ridiculous to try to say he didn't play that well? :lol:

That's not what it says at all, it actually says he was really good that day, despite Arsenal playing on the counter attack limiting his opportunities to influence the general play. Really good read IMO.

Not read it but guessing it's this fucking dull revisionism that goes on these days with these new fancy stats and data charts as if they're supposed to override what we see and feel when watching a player/team perform. It's so fucking boring. Read one the other day that said Saint-Maximin isn't actually good it's just relative to his team mates based on stats... :rolleyes:

Arshavin was fantastic. As was Rosicky.

Greg[/member]

I'm over it / immune.

Not read it but guessing it's this fucking dull revisionism that goes on these days with these new fancy stats and data charts as if they're supposed to override what we see and feel when watching a player/team perform. It's so fucking boring. Read one the other day that said Saint-Maximin isn't actually good it's just relative to his team mates based on stats... :rolleyes:

Arshavin was fantastic. As was Rosicky.

It's not actually :lol: It focuses a lot more on when he was good, his decline for Arsenal is left to the end of the article.

Guest chopey

Jim White on Talksport has just nearly give Dave Whelan a heart attack when he told him live on air.