Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Really good job Greg[/member]

Care to opine on members of the board avoiding conflicts of interest by having rules banning board members having gifts from nufc (or at least declaring them)?

I’d like to get behind the trust but this is a complete blocker for me. I can understand the resilience to backing boycotts but this feels like no brainer to me and is completely common practice in business world. 

The legal set up and rules of the Trust mean that any conflict or interest must be declared.

I'll send you a PM on the specifics but happy to take this away and look in more detail.

Thank you.

I honestly want to see the trust be a success.  At the moment it’s getting traction due to the obvious but after this settles down I think this is where the trust can really influence.  Not necessarily the big ticket items but the smaller things that can still make a real difference to our club and supporters. It’s so easy for people to throw mud which reduces trust and then makes it more difficult for the trust to achieve this.  This transparency would just be another step in helping it achieve this.  All just imo obviously 😉

Guest chopey

I think it's time the trust put pressure on Charnley and called for a vote of no confidence with his incompetent running of the club.

I think it's time the trust put pressure on Charnley and called for a vote of no confidence with his incompetent running of the club.

Based on their aims they can’t.  They want To engage the club in dialog.  I think the only thing they could do is get press coverage about how a trust made up of however many members they have refuses to talk (assuming this is the case).  Try to highlight the disconnect between club and fans and the repercussions in the fan base this is causing.  That’s not easy though when major tv outlets are happy with this and lean towards the clubs pr lines. 

Is the fans forum even still a thing?

Have they made attempts to get onto sky sports?  Even neutrals would have to listen to point along the lines of:

- zero dialog

- reducing Rafa salary offer in last offer implying they didn’t actually want him

- Rafa giving intent to leave at end of season and yet no search for manager started even as a back up

- Newcastle announce Rafa is going. Takes 2 weeks for even a manger shortlist

- strikers sold or loans end and no attempts made to replace

- refusal to give any indication of takeover rumours leading to madnesses in rumours

- net spend over years being lowest in premier league

- season ticket rises

- most expensive shirt in the country

- the air time pro Ashley people get vs supporters - the cynicism this creates

- the commercial income the club has generated since Ashley’s ownership vs rivals.  Is this due to mismanagement or what we all think

- how the perception of the club is changing.  Not saying we the biggest in the country or anything silly like that but we are historically absolutely not a yo yo club either (less relegations than Man Utd)

- the patterns of takeovers.  Buyers claiming they have bidder then getting labelled as time wasters.  How likely is it over 10 years they were all time wasters

The list goes on.  That could then go into the reasons that the boycott groups are growing. 

Someone on here did the pardew our website right?  Is that not something we could look to do again?  Use that as reference to point the press to when the same lazy crap comes out of the pr machine?

Www.ashleyout.com

But I think it needs to be more concise, like the Pardew one with a timeline of events and educate fans/press as to the litany of "mistakes" this regime has made and purposely done to starve this club of any and all ambition and progress.

Someone on here did the pardew our website right?  Is that not something we could look to do again?  Use that as reference to point the press to when the same lazy crap comes out of the pr machine?

Www.ashleyout.com

But I think it needs to be more concise, like the Pardew one with a timeline of events and educate fans/press as to the litany of "mistakes" this regime has made and purposely done to starve this club of any and all ambition and progress.

It’s a start but yeah it doesn’t grab you.  The pardew one was very good. 

Guest chopey

I contacted the trust to ask them to give Charnley a vote of no confidence in his running of the club and I've had a message back off them saying they are putting the motion to a members vote. I know the trust have stated that they are not a protest group but considering the extraordinary circumstances it looks like they are taking a stand.

They should put a statement out saying Steve Bruce will not be welcomed.

Also, as I mentioned in the boycott thread, take out crowd funded adverts to publish an open letter to the FA, PL, media, etc about the state of the club.

Should they not say any manager will not be welcomed whilst Ashley is here?

Guest chopey

Just received a cracking email from NUST, very impressed with the work they are doing, seems like its very professionally run unlike the club itself

• 2 weeks later...

A group that tries to engage with NUFC, pointless as NUFC doesn't exist as a normal football club. Energy should go into staying away, protesting and making Mike Ashley's life a misery.

I'm just grouchy at the moment anyway, I know they mean well.

A group that tries to engage with NUFC, pointless as NUFC doesn't exist as a normal football club. Energy should go into staying away, protesting and making Mike Ashley's life a misery.

I'm just grouchy at the moment anyway, I know they mean well.

Ah right, agreed, we are way past the point of trying to reason with him, he doesn't do reasoning anyway.

This is war etc.

I think the long term aim is to provide inclusive, representative and constituted large scale organisation with an eventual aim that is something we’d all want. It’s been tried uniting disparate fan groups which has so far been nigh impossible.

Yeah, I get that. I just think uniting the fans is only worthwhile if it's uniting them with the aim of getting rid of Ashley. Which I don't think the trust can really say because they have a relationship with the club.

TBF, on the live Q&A they did say they were surveying their members about boycotting issues, so will be interesting to see what the results are.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest covmag

Thinking of joining these.

What bang do I get for my buck?

Can anyone give me pros and cons in a short version please.

Thinking of joining these.

What bang do I get for my buck?

Can anyone give me pros and cons in a short version please.

Pros: It's a quid. Regular updates about what they're doing. Greg's on the board.

Cons: It's led by the TrueFaith knackers that have self-promotion on their minds.