England

Yorkie

One would think Newcastle fans in particular would be intimately familiar with the totally inaccurate perceptions of them (and their expectations) by other fans, based largely on ancient history and bullshit perpetuated by the media.

It's fucking annoying.

One would think Newcastle fans in particular would be intimately familiar with the totally inaccurate perceptions of them (and their expectations) by other fans, based largely on ancient history and bullshit perpetuated by the media.

It's fucking annoying.

:sadnod: all absolutely thick as mince

Guest firetotheworks

I remember growing up hearing about other countries not understanding irony, or our self-depreciating humour but never really experienced it until now.

It's fucking annoying.

Yep.

Most of Europe doesn't kind of share that self-deprecating humour or banter that surrounds Three Lions and such. They get it but they can also sense a hint of arrogance in it and probably find England's exit funny because they perceive the English to have a tendency to get ahead of themselves and that they're desperately trying to hold on to a sort of former 'imperial greatness'. British or rather specifically English exceptionalism is very real and yes very tedious to a lot of Europeans, after all you drive on the wrong side and measure your weight in stone ffs :lol: It's really not that hard to put into perspective with Brexit and all.

Guest firetotheworks

Express yourself

Create the space

You know you can win

Don't give up the chase

Just realised how sickeningly arrogant the lyrics to World In Motion are, no wonder everyone hates us.

:lol: Reminds me of this arrogant classic.

Worst thing is that every year they go one step further, I assume that by 2020 we'll have banners saying things like "Consider winning".

Express yourself

Create the space

You know you can win

Don't give up the chase

Just realised how sickeningly arrogant the lyrics to World In Motion are, no wonder everyone hates us.

:lol: Reminds me of this arrogant classic.

Worst thing is that every year they go one step further, I assume that by 2020 we'll have banners saying things like "Consider winning".

:lol: