Football governance

Nobody

Do any fans give that much of a shit about European games though? I mean I loved our European matches, truly, but that was because they were something different from the norm. As soon as they become the norm, I'm far less interested.

Especially as getting to away games has just become a massive fucking ballache involving international flights and hotels every second game, who genuinely wants that?

I can't imagine wanting that to ever be anything other than a novelty, a distraction from the norm, not the actual norm. It would just become grim and a right old slog every week. Even watching the matches on TV would lose its appeal quickly for the same reasons. Plus I have no real opinion on Dortmund or Lille or whoever, I have no historic relationship with the place or the fans so I couldn't massively care about the result. Turn that round to any team in England though and I can find a reason to like or dislike the place, the players or the fans. Maybe some of that would come in time, but I doubt it would ever be to the same level because historically they've always been so geographically and culturally different to us.

:thup: They seem to have looked at their European income and decided making that the norm will earn them a fuckton more money. They seem to be conveniently forgetting the whole reason the European games are so coveted is that they're not the norm.

As has been said numerous times, Spurs fans won't be paying £150 quid to go and eat some cheese while watching their heroes get trounced every other week.

Honestly; outside of the usual suspects in the top four/five European leagues, other clubs would be absolutely mad to go in on it when ignoring the initial financial projections.

:thup: They seem to have looked at their European income and decided making that the norm will earn them a fuckton more money. They seem to be conveniently forgetting the whole reason the European games are so coveted is that they're not the norm.

As has been said numerous times, Spurs fans won't be paying £150 quid to go and eat some cheese while watching their heroes get trounced every other week.

Honestly; outside of the usual suspects in the top four/five European leagues, other clubs would be absolutely mad to go in on it when ignoring the initial financial projections.

The World Club Championship hasn't been exploited to it's full, yet.

Damning article this - corrupt as;

https://theathletic.co.uk/2133409/2020/10/16/the-big-six-football-premier-league/

"In the eyes of those present, it was the ultimate “them and us” episode — the moment the illusion of solidarity across the Premier League was shattered once and for all.

It was a Premier League shareholders meeting in November 2016 and, while media coverage beforehand had focused on the safe-standing debate, by far the biggest issue at stake that day was the need to find a new broadcast partner in China.

Among several proposals on the table, the most popular was from pay-per-view company PPTV, who were offering £523 million for the right to stream every Premier League match in China over the three-year period from 2019-20. After the pros and cons were debated at length, an executive from one of the bigger clubs ventured they were going to have to go away and think about it. No, said the league’s executive chairman Richard Scudmore; this had to be decided here and now.

And so, as they broke off for coffee and biscuits, a remarkable scene unfolded. There, in full view of their counterparts from the other 14 clubs, the executives from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur formed their own huddle in a corner of the room and proceeded to debate among themselves, in hushed tones, before reaching a consensus that they then took back to the table when the full meeting resumed.

“It was just so brazen,” says an executive from one of the other 14 clubs. “A few things had emerged before that about them having their own meetings. There had been a growing sense of a divide between the biggest clubs and the rest of us. But that really seemed to cement it in everyone’s minds.”

Just think of the fantastic, massive clubs that would be fighting for the exciting Premier League Title every year, if these six "parasites" were kicked out.

After a VERY short-term financial hit, everything, absolutely everything, would be so much better.

As time passed we would never even remember them, and it would be a lesson in what happens when personal greed takes you over.

I would hope the other clubs at least 'propose' voting the pointless f*cks out, even if it doesn't happen.

Honestly think there's some truth to this. CL is already a mini league and there's more than enough games to satisfy tv audiences. I don't think the big 6 would last long if the other PL clubs told them to do one and we carried on without them.

What I want to happen is for the rest of us in the Premier League to at the very least "propose" kicking those six out, after their obnoxious behaviour, even if the vote is lost.

That way a MESSAGE will have been well and truly given to the tw*ts.

Derby owner Mel Morris on Sky having a dig at premier league clubs wanting to “sit on their pot of gold”. His club spends way more than its revenue on wages, yet he feels entitled to a “pot of gold”. Starting to irritate me how these clubs are being treated like poor orphans.

Guest Cheesy Beans

This is nothing other than the ‘big 6’ panicking after seeing over the last few seasons that they’ve been caught up with.

There is no big 6 anymore and this is their way of desperately trying to keep one.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Derby owner Mel Morris on Sky having a dig at premier league clubs wanting to “sit on their pot of gold”. His club spends way more than its revenue on wages, yet he feels entitled to a “pot of gold”. Starting to irritate me how these clubs are being treated like poor orphans.

That’ll be the same Derby who fiddled with FFP in a dodgy stadium deal to spend millions more than they can do.

Poor Derby.

This is nothing other than the ‘big 6’ panicking after seeing over the last few seasons that they’ve been caught up with.

There is no big 6 anymore and this is their way of desperately trying to keep one.

The so-called Big 6 was only a Sky Sports invention anyway.

In the same way as "Premier League Records" for this that and the other are all promoted (invented) by Sky. The ridiculous way they quote all these non-existent and meaningless "records", means that Sky are trying to say that (all of a sudden) NOTHING happened in top league football in England before 1992.

Makes me want to puke at the absurdity of it, almost as much as hearing people accepting the drivel.

How many times has the “Big Six” even finished in the top six positions?

Not last season. Probably not this season either.

It pissed me off enough that I checked. The “Big Six” have finished in the top six positions exactly three times since the inception of the Premier League. 2014/15, 2017/18 and 2018/19.

Such a dominant collective force that they can’t even maintain their hold at the top of the league :rolleyes:

54 of the 60 top 6 finishes the last 10 years have been taken by those 6 clubs, like.

Everton & Leicester have broken in twice, Southampton & Newcastle once each in that time. It’s a clear dominant top 6 set of clubs.

I think Leicester have something to say about that at the very least.

54 of the 60 top 6 finishes the last 10 years have been taken by those 6 clubs, like.

Everton & Leicester have broken in twice, Southampton & Newcastle once each in that time. It’s a clear dominant top 6 set of clubs.

I think Leicester have something to say about that at the very least.

They’ve finished top 6 twice in how long? The rest have finished top 6 at the very least 8 out of the last 10 years. That’s enough evidence to prove a clear ‘top 6’ surely?

Is it just me or does that sound like a shit idea? We have the Champions League already. Why would people want to watch this new formed money spinner they’re trying to concoct?

I wonder how this sort of thing is received in other countries.