Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

He probably a better fit in our midfield then Shelvey or Diame in Rafa's game plan as we often sit and counter.

this has just made me realise how i see it, in the last few games when Ki gets on the ball and is in control he moves the team up the pitch with him if that makes sense?  little triangles and inbetween the spaces forcing people to push up with him whereas when shelvey is in the same position he doesn't take the team with him, he sends the ball up and that often leaves us split up with massive gaps between attack, midfield and defence

again before people start i like shelvey and he's been great, i just think on this form Ki looks a better fit for the players we have

It's great to see Ki stepping up these past few games. He's always had great close control and dribbling skills, composure and a decent passing range, shame his potential could've taken him a tad higher than us under Ashley or Swansea...usually his issues are motivational rather than technical, he's not super physical but he isn't slow or unfit either and generally knows when to apply effort. Think if he can maintain a reasonable level of form over the winter period our next run of games could yield some good results.

He's been fantastic and our whole style of play has changed since he came on early in the second half against Watford.

Since that was a forced change, I would be hesitant to give Rafa credit for the timing or the way it has played out, but he is a Rafa signing and is basically giving us what we thought we were getting from the Ki highlight reel.

If anyone is bored at work reading this, contemplating "what if Shelvey hadn't got injured?" might kill a few minutes.

Why is he missing January? Military service?

Asia cup.

Good news is that Brighton and Huddersfield are going to suffer more through the loss of Ryan and Mooy. At least we can replace Ki.

They playing with 10 men like?  :naughty: :naughty:

They may as well be. Last season Tim Krul was backup to Ryan - have they improved on that? And Mooy probably is Huddersfield’s best player.

• 2 weeks later...