Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - SPA & POR advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portugal

Goalkeepers: Anthony Lopes (Lyon), Beto (Goztepe), Rui Patricio (Sporting Lisbon).

Defenders: Bruno Alves (Rangers), Cedric Soares (Southampton), Jose Fonte (Dalian Yifang), Mario Rui (Napoli), Pepe (Besiktas), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund), Ricardo Pereira (Porto), Ruben Dias (Benfica).

Midfielders: Adrien Silva (Leicester), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon), Joao Mario (West Ham), Joao Moutinho (Monaco), Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv Moscow), William Carvalho (Sporting).

Forwards: Andre Silva (AC Milan), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Gelson Martins (Sporting Lisbon), Goncalo Guedes (Valencia), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas).

Spain

Goalkeepers: Pepe Reina (Napoli), David de Gea (Manchester United), Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic Bilbao).

Defenders: Nacho, Sergio Ramos, Dani Carvajal (all Real Madrid), Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba (both Barcelona), Alvaro Odriozola (Real Sociedad), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea).

Midfielders: Andres Iniesta, Sergio Busquets (both Barcelona), Saul Niguez, Koke (both Atletico Madrid), Isco, Marco Asensio (both Real Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), David Silva (Manchester City).

Forwards: Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo), Rodrigo (Valencia), Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid).

Morocco

Goalkeepers: Munir Mohamedi (Numancia), Yassine Bono (Girona), Ahmad Reda Tagnaouti (Ittihad Tanger).

Defenders: Mehdi Benatia (Juventus), Romain Saiss (Wolves), Manuel da Costa (Istanbul Basaksehir), Nabil Dirar (Fenerbahce), Achraf Hakimi (Real Madrid), Hamza Mendyl (Lille).

Midfielders: Moubarak Boussoufa (Al Jazira), Karim El Ahmadi (Feyenoord), Youssef Ait Bennasser (Caen), Sofyan Amrabat (Feyenoord), Younes Belhanda (Galatasaray), Faycal Fajr (Getafe), Amine Harit (Schalke).

Forwards: Khalid Boutaib (Malatyaspor), Aziz Bouhaddouz (St Pauli), Ayoub El Kaabi (Renaissance Berkane), Nordin Amrabat (Leganes), Mehdi Carcela (Standard Liege), Hakim Ziyech (Ajax), Youssef En Nesyri (Malaga).

Iran

Goalkeepers: Alireza Beiranvand (Persepolis), Mohammad Rashid Mazaheri (Zob Ahan), Amir Abedzadeh (Maritimo).

Defenders: Majid Hosseini (Esteghlal), Ramin Rezaeian (Ostende), Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh (Padideh), Morteza Pouraliganji (Alsaad), Pejman Montazeri (Esteghlal), Milad Mohammadi (Akhmat Grozny), Rouzbeh Cheshmi (Esteghlal).

Midfielders: Saeid Ezatolahi (Amkar Perm), Masoud Shojaei (AEK Athens), Mehdi Torabi (Saipa), Omid Ebrahimi (Esteghlal), Ehsan Haji Safi (Olympiacos), Karim Ansarifard (Olympiacos), Vahid Amiri (Persepolis).

Forwards: Alireza Jahanbakhsh (AZ Alkmaar), Mehdi Taremi (Al Gharafa), Sardar Azmoun (Rubin Kazan), Reza Ghoochannejhad (Heerenveen), Saman Ghoddos (Ostersunds), Ashkan Dejagah (Nottingham Forest).

I can see one of two things happening, Spain sink and get knocked out to either Morocco or Iran, or the players band together and go on to win the tournament.

I can see one of two things happening, Spain sink and get knocked out to either Morocco or Iran, or the players band together and go on to win the tournament.

I can definitely see them getting out of the group but not winning it all.

Italy usually do well after a crisis... not usually the day before the whole thing starts though.

Can't wait for Spain Portugal. Managed to arrange a meet up with a whole bunch of lads I haven't seen for like months to watch it. Could and should be a cracker.

Yep, well excited for that game. I want goals  :lol:

Can't wait for Spain Portugal. Managed to arrange a meet up with a whole bunch of lads I haven't seen for like months to watch it. Could and should be a cracker.

Yep, well excited for that game. I want goals  :lol:

Portugal won't wanna lose

0-0

Bruno Alves will be showered with questions about his time at Zenit, because them Piter media types are freaking obsessed with forrins saying nice things about their museums and culture and all that other boring non-football nonsense. No doubt, will say something about his dad feasting in one of many, many genuinely fantastic culinary outposts there :lol: And how some student girl from Capo Verde almost messed up his hairdo :lol: No doubt, those two tools (Maniche and Costinha) will have a few words about my club's failed romance with Jorge Mendes and like 100 of his players. Danny, on their hand, still has our famous D tattooed on his arm (much to the dismay of Zenit support) and will be able to tell a whole different story. Cristiano is either adored or hated in that childish pantomime way. Like he's probably gay, giggle giggle :lol: On a serious note - his Head And Shoulders ads are well solid. Not irritating like that banking thing Messi did :lol:

Pub quiz fun fact - a certain Thiago Silva was among the players then-owner Fedorychev (a fertilizer mogul, hence my adoring Captain Composte nickname for him and his failed reign) brought to Dynamo Moscow among with a ton of Portuguese boys, and the poor bloke was diagnosed with tuberculosis during his medical, after them docs got a bit suspicious. Spent three months in isolation at the hospital and left. Doesn't like talking about it, quite a few raunchy rumors went viral about how in the hell he got it. But no hard feelings, came across as a nice lad and went on to become a fantastic player.

The pitch staff at Krasnodar Stadium had a surprise for Spain - they had THAT giant bull cut on the grass, center pitch. You know, the big corrida bull they have on some touristy t-shirts and all. Cunningly enough, FC Krasnodar are nicknamed the bulls (or cows, if you support Kuban Krasnodar). Their journos were chuffed. Iniesta is followed by an army of local under10 Barca fans yelling his name repeatedly. Of course, the whole Lopetegui thing is a distraction. But Hierro could be a sensible choice, always came across as a smart football man.

Iran will rely on quite a few people in Kazan and Rostov for support because of Serdar Azmoun. Quite popular in both of those cities despite some rather dodgy transfer dealings between respective clubs. Also, there is a large student population from Iran in Kazan, so should be a fun game against Spain. Will be in attendance. Can not wait, like.

Morocco obviously rely on a ton of players born and raised in France, Belgium and Netherlands and other such daft European places :lol: Technically superb in some cases, but not enough depth. Love their oranges though.