Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

If he gets the chance I think he should go. I had the opposite opinion in the summer because I didn’t expect him not to be in the first 11 and I didn’t foresee a section of our fan base turning on him to a certain extent. Fans in general expect too much from young players with little experience and too often they fall into the category of amazing or not good enough.

So he should go in order to save himself from the fans? As opposed to because of the way the club is ran?  :lol:

Both. I thought the reason why it would be stupid for him to leave for Man U in the summer would be game time and support for a local lad. It’s likely the same support the team lads that booed Perez appear to be starting to whinge about Longstaff, which is weird given his lack of starts under Bruce despite our midfield looking a bit laboured.

From what I’ve seen he’s better than Fred and think he could really improve there with a side capable of passing a ball.

For what it’s worth I’d rather he stayed. I think we’ve got the nucleus of a good team with Dubravka, Lascelles, ASM, both Longstaffs, Almiron but none of the pieces fit with poor ownership, management and a fan base more strange than I can ever remember it. I guess as moronic as it is as a fan I have that tiny hope somewhere it all works out.

He's not really a talent anymore. At 22 he should be an established 1st team player. If he has any sense about him he should leave asap to try and salvage his career if he has any aspirations of f.ex winning something or getting capped by England.

Not under Ole either.

Maybe not but being at a non-toxic, normal club with ambition will be a massive plus for him at this point in his career.

Imagine being an academy product trying to progress your career at the current NUFC man. Poor lad.

Both. I thought the reason why it would be stupid for him to leave for Man U in the summer would be game time and support for a local lad. It’s likely the same support the team lads that booed Perez appear to be starting to whinge about Longstaff, which is weird given his lack of starts under Bruce despite our midfield looking a bit laboured.

From what I’ve seen he’s better than Fred and think he could really improve there with a side capable of passing a ball.

For what it’s worth I’d rather he stayed. I think we’ve got the nucleus of a good team with Dubravka, Lascelles, ASM, both Longstaffs, Almiron but none of the pieces fit with poor ownership, management and a fan base more strange than I can ever remember it. I guess as moronic as it is as a fan I have that tiny hope somewhere it all works out.

Fair enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have to play both brothers at the same time? He was free to do his thing with Hayden alongside him doing the leg work. Don’t think that the 2 of them together have the game iq to be effective yet.

This lad has regressed massively this season I wonder if its down to the fact that he was was once managed by one of the best coaches in the world and now his future is in the hands of a fat cricket stump ?