Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Didn't think it was a red ffs :lol:

He has to counterbalance his NUFC views. Early on in his media career he was highly criticised for being too biased towards us (I don’t think he was, just how he was viewed). Since then he has altered his views concerning us or refused to give a view on specific incidents.

Didn't think it was a red ffs :lol:

He has to counterbalance his NUFC views. Early on in his media career he was highly criticised for being too biased towards us (I don’t think he was, just how he was viewed). Since then he has altered his views concerning us or refused to give a view on specific incidents.

It's nowt to do with his NUFC bias.

I was at that match and met Shearer for the first time in the Player lounge after.  Got a photo of him with the bandage off after, i`m sure I uploaded it on here years ago. When ever I think back to that day I remember Gary Speed drinking a Brown Ale having a laugh with friends and family after the match.  :sad:

Distance is a consideration along with a host of other factors. Definite red for me - any doubters need to remind themselves of Almiron hitting the post against Huddersfield. Anyone not thinking this was a clear goal scoring opportunity needs having a word with themselves. From my view I also thought excessive force was also used, he gave him a right clout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9365401/rafa-benitez-15-points-alan-shearer/

ALAN SHEARER Rafa Benitez is worth 15 points a season… it’s a shambles and a travesty that Newcastle have let him go

EXCLUSIVE

Alan Shearer

24 Jun 2019, 22:35Updated: 25 Jun 2019, 0:04

LIKE every Newcastle fan, I am devastated Rafa Benitez is leaving the club.

It is desperately sad news and a massive blow — and it is ridiculous it has to come to this.

Newcastle were fortunate enough to have a world-class manager who was doing a very good job and they have just allowed him to walk away for nothing.

It is a shambles and a travesty. It doesn’t make any sense.

From the reaction on social media, you can see how angry the fanbase is, but they will not blame Rafa for leaving and neither do I.

He has been brilliant but he has completely lost trust in those he is working for, which is not the first time that has happened at Newcastle under owner Mike Ashley.

Such has been the breakdown in their relationship, I am told Rafa did not even know Newcastle were putting the statement out yesterday.

Rafa and the Toon Army deserve better than that.

You will see the propaganda come out from Newcastle in the next few days — we offered him this and that, we said he could have so many millions to spend.

But as fans we know the truth. It has happened too many times at the club.

By appointing a manager of the calibre of Rafa Benitez, it was the chance for Mike to say: “Whatever has gone on in the past, we are going to move forward with him and we will do everything we can to keep him.”

Instead, it is the same old story and Newcastle are back to square one.

Rafa did a top job there under very difficult circumstances.

Despite his proven pedigree, he was happy to drop down to the Championship. And he got Newcastle up at the first attempt, then finished tenth and 13th in the Premier League on a limited budget.

Rafa united the fans and gave them belief, which they had not had for a long time.

He passionately cared for the club and the supporters, but above all, he knew the potential Newcastle carried.

I know Rafa can be political but the man delivers. All he wanted was what was best for the club.

Most managers have issues with whoever they have to answer to, but you have to have some sort of rapport with someone at the club that shares your ambition.

All Mike Ashley wants is for Newcastle to survive but Rafa is bigger and better than that.

He doesn’t want to be fighting a relegation battle every year, he wants to take a team forward.

Aston Villa have just been promoted and they have come in straightaway and smashed their transfer record on a £22million striker.

That is what Rafa was up against.

For Newcastle, he was probably worth ten to 15 points a season.

With him in charge, there was no way they would have been relegated.

Now, you have to fear the worst.