Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

For anyone with any queries or questions for NUST just seen this on there website, they are holding a supporter surgery(strange name for it!) before the Swansea match upstairs in the irish club.....

In line with NUST's "More than a Trust" document, we will be running our first Supporter Surgery on Saturday before the Swansea Game. Similar to those ran by MP's, the surgery is for supporters to meet with the Trust and air any individual problems that they have or present any ideas that the Trust can then go away and talk to the Club to try and resolve these issues. The surgery will take place on the 2nd Floor of The Irish Centre and there will be someone present from the Trust from 1-2.30pm

I think its important to note that the idea of the surgeries is not to take questions on the likes of the Yes we can campaign or what the NUST is doing but more a chance for people to raise issues they have with the football club. For instance if you're having problems with stewards, the price of pies, warm beer, problem fans around you etc.

Things that one fan on their own cant really get sorted or get their message across to the right person, we may be able to help out, the contacts and (although its probably not obvious) the fairly good relationship we have with certain relevant people in the club means we have a chance of helping out.

Although, problems such as "how come Harewood gets a game?" arent really what we're looking for. ;)

Saying all that though, if you're in the Irish Club and do have a question on something NUST related then we'll happily attempt to answer it.

These things do seem like a good idea and it's only right to keep building interest but for those of us who are interesting in participating but not from the area it does feel as though it's gone a bit quiet. Probably that's partly due to the expectation of getting everthing, instantly that the internet gives you. Hats off for all the hard work mind.

These things do seem like a good idea and it's only right to keep building interest but for those of us who are interesting in participating but not from the area it does feel as though it's gone a bit quiet. Probably that's partly due to the expectation of getting everthing, instantly that the internet gives you. Hats off for all the hard work mind.

Yeah, (I think) today marks them being half way through the six week campaign. It does seem to have disappeared from the news etc.

The whole thing is in need of a significant update to keep people interested.

Maybe they're all clearing up the litter they created around SJP on Saturday.

They were dishing out leaflets - even the owners of tacky bars now seem to realise that handing leaflets to people going to the match is not a particularly smart idea as 95% of them just get thrown away immediately. At least the bar owners pay business rates towards the cost of cleaning the place up.

Come on NUST you must have a smarter way of doing it than creating a litter problem around the city.

Bit of a pathetic moan there. If you're going to moan about something, at least make it about something slightly interesting. You just look petty otherwise.

It's all about opinions, but I think littering the streets is anything but petty and I'd expect an organisation which wants to be taken seriously and take over one of the biggest football club brands in the world to have a bit more off than handing out leaflets which anyone with half a brain knows just get thrown away by most people.

I hate litter !

Bit of a pathetic moan there. If you're going to moan about something, at least make it about something slightly interesting. You just look petty otherwise.

It's all about opinions, but I think littering the streets is anything but petty and I'd expect an organisation which wants to be taken seriously and take over one of the biggest football club brands in the world to have a bit more off than handing out leaflets which anyone with half a brain knows just get thrown away by most people.

I hate litter !

I thought NUST were trying to take over Newcastle United,  who last time i looked are currently a 2nd division club in England not Barca, Man U, Juventus or one of the other biggest clubs in the world.

Speaking of second division clubs, what happens to NUST's plan if we get promoted?  Isn't Ashley just going to ask for more money?  I understand that these things take time but surely it's in NUST's best interests to buy the club before we return to the PL (although as we are nearly in 2010 this probably isn't feasible). 

I hate litter !

That gives me a nice little idea for a sweepstake.

If I ripped your limbs from your torso and scattered them about the town centre what would you die from first? Blood loss or anger at the act of littering which I have just committed?

I thought NUST were trying to take over Newcastle United,  who last time i looked are currently a 2nd division club in England not Barca, Man U, Juventus or one of the other biggest clubs in the world.

Which is exactly why I did NOT say we were one of the biggest clubs in the world, which as a 2nd division club, you correctly state we are NOT.

We are still however one of the biggest football club brands in the world, despite our demise.

Either way I think they are a bit out of their depth, but like many others I patiently await the introduction the "major businesses and institutions" they are about to unveil as backers of their scheme, who will give it credibility and prove me and many other doubters wrong.

Benwell Lad. You might be dead against litter, but its still quite a petty thing to moan about. From your post I would assume your are already against NUST and you're just looking for any little thing to pick holes. You're hardly likely to convince people by moaning about a leaflet hand out. If anything you're only highlighting how petty some of the arguements against are.

I hate litter !

That would be mean so when Juventus got relegated in 2006 to Serie B they werent a big club anymore?

I hate litter !

And yet in it's ads include, "Barcelona on Tyne". ;)

I hate litter !

Does that mean we are ditching the Black and White Stripes if NUST buy the club :frantic:

Interesting thought, what is the NUST view if Moat gets there before you and buys the club? Will the supporters trust get behind him and issue a statement of support, or will it demand that Moat sells to the trust?

lol Barry Moat isn't buying NUFC

Guest WashyGeordie

Interesting thought, what is the NUST view if Moat gets there before you and buys the club? Will the supporters trust get behind him and issue a statement of support, or will it demand that Moat sells to the trust?

lol Barry Moat isn't buying NUFC

Chris Moat is.  :pow:

:fishing:

Benwell Lad. You might be dead against litter, but its still quite a petty thing to moan about. From your post I would assume your are already against NUST and you're just looking for any little thing to pick holes. You're hardly likely to convince people by moaning about a leaflet hand out. If anything you're only highlighting how petty some of the arguements against are.

If NUST ever manage to buy Newcastle United I think they might be in for an unpleasant surprise about how many "petty" red tape, rules and regulations they have to comply with.

If NUST ever manage to buy Newcastle United I think they might be in for an unpleasant surprise about how many "petty" red tape, rules and regulations they have to comply with.

Just to clear something up here, we didnt hand out any leaflets on Saturday, we delivered them to bars around the city and left on tables within the bars.

I hate litter !

Which when you think about it is almost as sacreligious (and just as tacky and laughable) as trying to call the stadium sport-tack@stjamesstadium ot whatever they want to call SJP.

One rule for one............

I see this as a (yet another) problem in Ashley trying to sell the club.

Will any serious buyer think they have to appease this seemingly unappeasable unelected fan group or end up in the same situation as the current regime ?

It may well put people off.

Well your right on the litter thing JJ.

Thing is I'm not so much against the supporters buy out as I just think it's 20 years too late and may work if we'd been a Conference level club.

I am actually a great proponent of the German football or sports club model which gives all fans real ownership - but they've always done it and didn't go down the PLC and "oligarch ownership" route BEFORE trying to turn it round.

To date this campaign has displayed nothing more than a few of the usual suspects opportunistically using the present unpopular ownership as a means to get their bums warm in the director's box.

I've seen or heard nothing credible or positive yet, but as I said earlier I live in hope that when they wheel out the serious institutions and business investors they claim to be working with, I'll be proved wrong and see this as a way forward.

Right now though I just can't see it.