Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Makes a nice change to see some discussion going on about them and their proposals without the usual snidey pisstaking.

What's your thoughts ?

Time for a Newcastle Online group so this board has it's 1 vote :)

Maybe so, maybe so.

Whether Ashley is prepared to listen or not will depend on how much the NUST have available to buy him out for. I can see him being vindictive over it and squeezing every last penny he can out of them before he agrees to sell. He's a c**t.

At the end of the day, if he sees cold hard cash in back account and he thinks its enough i think he'll take it.  I'm seriousy leaning towards investing in my club.  I'm sick of greedy bastarads running it who are unaccountable to the fans.

Enough is enough.

Do we know whether NUST have had any form of discussions with Ashley or the club, so that they know he's interested in listening to what they have to say?

I assume if a formal offer was made he'd listen.

It's a massive assumption though given the dislike both sides have for each other, that's why I've asked.

Do we know whether NUST have had any form of discussions with Ashley or the club, so that they know he's interested in listening to what they have to say?

I think they may have had tentative talks,  i was reading something on the NUST forum yesterday and it mentioned that the woman in charge of the financing of the SIPPS has/was in process of doing due dillegence.

Also shows why NUST took a back seat in the protests at the weekend, don't think it would look too good for them to be organising a big protest when they are wanting to open dialogue with Ashley to buy him out.

I can't imagine the likes of Shepherd or Moat wanting in this - they'll want more control for investing more cash. 1+1 isn't something they would be interested in.

The more and more I think about it, I 'could' invest some of my pension from my days when I worked at the Uni. I'd have to check it out with the wife first, however.

I'm not het,

If you have questions there is no point doing it on a forum, why dont the ones asking questions go to the NUST meetings and ask the questions directly.

I've seen the NUST get some bashing on this forum before.

I admit that some of the things they hve done in the past have mde me face/palm a couple of times.

This is only going to succeed if it is open to all NUFC fans. If it is closed to people who can't easily attend the meetings then its a limited group you're aiming at. Hence the request for full detailed information, either in an investment memorandum, or published on a website.

If you ask the detailed financial questions at the meeting, the chances are that the answers will be aspirational i.e. what the guys starting this off would like to happen in an ideal world. Once you get the lawyers, accountants, tax advisors etc. involved you're likely to  get a different answer unfortunately. Which is why you need a proper investment memorandum and business plan approved by the trust lawyers/accountants so that they can sign off working capital provisions etc.

I can't imagine the likes of Shepherd or Moat wanting in this - they'll want more control for investing more cash. 1+1 isn't something they would be interested in.

The more and more I think about it, I 'could' invest some of my pension from my days when I worked at the Uni. I'd have to check it out with the wife first, however.

It depends on what people are investing for, to make money or actually invest in the football club which is part of our community.

how much are they looking for off each investor?

Think its a minimum of 1.5k

£1500 is achievable at £10 a piece on the forum.

we should be looking to buy a few shares.

I like that idea actually. Maybe we could start a thread similar to the donations thread?

What woud we rather be as a club, owned by some faceless coporate types who use the club as a vehicle for advertising and making money or a club thats intension is to play football and help the community around it.

how much are they looking for off each investor?

Think its a minimum of 1.5k

£1500 is achievable at £10 a piece on the forum.

we should be looking to buy a few shares.

I like that idea actually. Maybe we could start a thread similar to the donations thread?

we could start a pledge thread just to gauge interest,..

DAVE?

I think they may have had tentative talks,  i was reading something on the NUST forum yesterday and it mentioned that the woman in charge of the financing of the SIPPS has/was in process of doing due dillegence.

Also shows why NUST took a back seat in the protests at the weekend, don't think it would look too good for them to be organising a big protest when they are wanting to open dialogue with Ashley to buy him out.

Kudos to the NUST for taking a more professional approach then. This is mostly what sceptics have been suggesting from the off and there's far more chance of being taken seriously if that's the case. I would still prefer Moat or any other local businessman to be involved and if that meant he had more say then so be it. That's more workable IMO, and far more likely to succeed.