Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It’s been a while since he’s been spraying good passes too. I don’t know whether I’m being too harsh here. I know he scored the other week but I can’t remember him really stretching the pitch like he was able to or imposing himself on a game. His set pieces must be the worst in the league. I used to really like him as well.

He’s lucky there isn’t an alternative. I know there’s calls for the Longstaffs but Sean has been really poor and wasted his chance. Matty doesn’t look ready for his cameos. Then there’s Hendrick. He doesn’t have any competition.

It’s been a while since he’s been spraying good passes too. I don’t know whether I’m being too harsh here. I know he scored the other week but I can’t remember him really stretching the pitch like he was able to or imposing himself on a game. His set pieces must be the worst in the league. I used to really like him as well.

He’s lucky there isn’t an alternative. I know there’s calls for the Longstaffs but Sean has been really poor and wasted his chance. Matty doesn’t look ready for his cameos. Then there’s Hendrick. He doesn’t have any competition.

Never really had much problem with his Hollywood passing ability, he's good on the ball even now IMO. Would be one of the best in the league if you weren't allowed to run. Unfortunately for him you are, and that means the other team midfielders are always running past him. He's got no pace, no engine and no stamina. Absolute disgrace for a central midfielder. Think he would have been some player in 1974 mind.

It requires team mates to make good runs too. If they don't have any specific instructions on where and when to make runs and just whim it every game the passes will be more difficult to make as well I would imagine.

Fuck me.

Thing is, for every other midfielder you could put forward a mitigating argument. All of them make contributions to their teams apart from the two useless cunts that get 90 minutes pretty much every week

Saw him getting pelters for this but I think he comes across well. I don’t think he’s said anything too out of turn or too unexpected. He’s towing the party line a little but he’s going to be like that. Shelvey is one of Bruce’s favourites so he’s going to support him. I don’t think he’s too out of turn saying he’s the best man manager he’s worked under either. The choice of words was interesting. You can tell he gets on well with the players, he’s just tactically fucking useless. I can remember Steven Gerrard talking about Rafa and how some players struggled as he was so stand offish and treated them like cogs in the machine. Shelvey maybe the same.

To think a few across the media were arguing for him to go to Russia in the back end of 2017-18. Whilst Rafa Benitez was his manager. No talk like that in any way, shape or form now. Thick as fuck.

Should bring Matty Longstaff back into midfield with Willock and Hayden but Bruce won't as Shelvey lauds him in the press and has laughs about with him on the training ground. Fucking rancid management.

The truly terrifying thing there isn't just how bad Shelvey & Hendrick are but how they're apparently both worse midfielders than Joelinton, who I'm not convinced is even a footballer.

;D

I feel like it wasn’t that long ago that I was in the minority on here and I was a big fan of his. Hasn’t taken me long to go totally the other way.

There’s not many players I actively dislike. As it isn’t their fault they’re not good enough for this level and playing under a crap manager. But I just can’t stand this cunt.

I’m glad Steve is such a wonderful man manager. Let’s just focus on that and not the fact we’re about to get relegated. Again.

I feel like it wasn’t that long ago that I was in the minority on here and I was a big fan of his. Hasn’t taken me long to go totally the other way.

There’s not many players I actively dislike. As it isn’t their fault their not good enough for this level and playing under a crap manager. But I just can’t stand this cunt.

I’m glad Steve is such a wonderful man manager. Let’s just focus on that and not the fact we’re about to get relegated. Again.

:thup: Same.

get a load of this guy......

Jonjo Shelvey has urged Newcastle's 'unbelievable fans' to 'keep getting behind the team' in their relegation dogfight.

Shelvey's Magpies side welcome Wolves to St James' Park on Saturday evening in what is a vital clash in their bid for Premier League survival.

18th placed Fulham have cut the gap between themselves and Newcastle to just three points heading into this weekend's fixtures and manager Steve Bruce has found himself under pressure in the media for Newcastle's poor form.

Shelvey, himself, is a little withdrawn with the media and he has, at times, come in for criticism for some of his performances.

Similarly, the local media, particularly, pushed for Shelvey to be included in England's 2018 World Cup squad when he was in excellent form for the Magpies but he insists he does not listen to the outside noise or external criticism of his performances.

"I probably have been badly portrayed in the media," Shelvey told the Studs Up podcast with QPR forward Charlie Austin.

"I don't know whether it is because I don't do a lot of interviews but, to be honest with you, I don't really care.

"I don't listen to what goes on and I don't read the local newspaper. As long as I am impressing the people I need to impress: The manager, the hierarchy at the club and my family; then I don't really care."

However, when asked whether he cares about what the fans think of him, Shelvey lavished praise on the Toon Army, as well as the city, claiming Newcastle's fanbase is the best he has played for.

"I care about the club," the former Liverpool and Swansea midfielder added.

"It was a privilege to play for Liverpool and it is a privilege to play for Newcastle. What the media is saying doesn't bother me. I will give my all for the club I am playing for and if I can improve the team on a Saturday I am going to do that.

"I am doing the job that fortunately I love doing and I care about the clubs I play for and the fans.

"What gets reported in the media if you have a bad game, I don't listen to it.

"It hurts me being in this situation at this football club now. I know how great the people are up here.

"My missus doesn't want to leave this city. She is happy to stay here after football whereas I am a home boy and I want to be back home.

"It is such a beautiful place to bring your kids up and I know how much potential this club has got.

"Playing under St James' Park with 52,000 fans, honestly, they are the best fans I have played under. They are brilliant. Even if you have a bad game, as long as you run around and put that effort in, that is all they ask.

"They obviously want to see the club do well and progress and that is why it is so disappointing what has happened this season."

And when asked if he had a message for the supporters heading into the business end of the campaign, Shelvey asked fans to continue to back the team as they should 'never, ever, be in the Championship' at Newcastle United.

"Keep getting behind us," Shelvey urged.

"It is difficult times and all Newcastle fans have to look forward to is us playing on a weekend.

"We are trying our best. It is not an easy league but we know the situation we are in and we will keep fighting for our lives.

"We want Premier League football next season. This club should never, ever, be in the Championship with the fanbase and players that are here.

"We are going to keep going and going."