Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

😅 Even Ben Arfa himself seemed surprised by the endless queue of people who had gone to be photographed with him (see image). Of course, he has been very kind and has attended, for almost an hour, to absolutely everyone”

Like a diva... HBA loves a wedding and short-lived marriage. :lol:

Still bitter he left, loved watching him

He'd have been perfect in midfield with our 5 at the back formation with Rafa

Never has a foreign player, a Spanish one to boot, adapted to the pace and demands of the Premier League as quickly and effortlessly as this guy. And what a silky treasure he was to watch, as well. Could've been a legend here. Too bad he didn't have the mental toughness to stick it out.

Never has a foreign player, a Spanish one to boot, adapted to the pace and demands of the Premier League as quickly and effortlessly as this guy.

What, Mikel Merino? Not sure about that like. :lol:

Never has a foreign player, a Spanish one to boot, adapted to the pace and demands of the Premier League as quickly and effortlessly as this guy.

What, Mikel Merino? Not sure about that like. :lol:

I liked him but that's absolutely mad :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Never has a foreign player, a Spanish one to boot, adapted to the pace and demands of the Premier League as quickly and effortlessly as this guy. And what a silky treasure he was to watch, as well. Could've been a legend here. Too bad he didn't have the mental toughness to stick it out.

Welcome to the Hyper Bowl.

I mean....

You lot can rewrite history but I’ll always stan the Golden Arches, MM. There was a brief period when he was in his pomp where he looked like our midfield answer. Before he broke his back and lost his place. I recall people saying “I don’t care who plays as long as Merino is starting.” History rewriters, all of you.

You lot can rewrite history but I’ll always stan the Golden Arches, MM. There was a brief period when he was in his pomp where he looked like our midfield answer. Before he broke his back and lost his place. I recall people saying “I don’t care who plays as long as Merino is starting.” History rewriters, all of you.

Tend to agree, his first few games at least were Hamann-esque in the way that he came in from a foreign league, and as a midfielder, immediately looked a class above.

Yeah, it's a pity what happened with Merino. He went so quickly from being potentially extremely memorable to basically becoming a forgotten man. Diame deciding he was actually Ngolo Kante ruined Merino's career as much as his injury did. :laugh:

Groan. So much hope and promise at the end of that season. Wonder what things would be like now if we'd decided to actually kick on during that summer.

So nice seeing him on the pitch again. He moves so uniquely with the ball. He glided past a Vilarreal player on the edge of the box with such ease

Easily my favourite player since the Solano/Robert days

• 1 month later...