The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Ceballos has been unbelievable. Hopefully he'll go somewhere where he plays every week

Yeah he looks class.  That dribble where he was surrounded by loads of Italian players was great and the goal was stunning

I remember Rafa Benitez apparently trying to get him when he had a cut price contract situation at Real Betis.

Ended up extending if I remember correctly then went to Real Madrid for big money :thup:

I don’t know - I thought RM paid is buyout clause of about 13.5m euros

Yeah can’t remember exactly.

But I’m sure the articles of our cut price interest back then are still out there :thup:

So it shouldn't have been a red card?

I've no idea if you're agreeing with VAR or not here

VAR is just there to help the Ref by showing him exactly what happened unfortunately the Referee failed to put the help to good use :thup:

Can’t blame VAR for that most have put the help to good used.

Only problem really has been the handball rule which again isn’t the fault of VAR that the rule in current form is terrible.

Guest neesy111

The ref looked at it and sent the bloke off. I can only assume he thought the guy was playing for Newcastle United, who all referees DESPISE.

:lol:

The ref looked at it and sent the bloke off. I can only assume he thought the guy was playing for Newcastle United, who all referees DESPISE.

1 Red card for the opposition in 6 years in the Premier League since 2013 explain that?

Must just be because we never have the ball :laugh:

VAR is just there to help the Ref by showing him exactly what happened unfortunately the Referee failed to put the help to good use :thup:

Only problem really has been the handball rule which again isn’t the fault of VAR that the rule in current form is terrible.

But if somebody who is controlling VAR tells the referee to have a look at a possible red card offence then it's clearly going to put doubt in his mind.

The ref didn't even give a foul before someone wrongly told him it was a possible red card offence

But if somebody who is controlling VAR tells the referee to have a look at a possible red card offence then it's clearly going to put doubt in his mind.

The ref didn't even give a foul before someone wrongly told him it was a possible red card offence

Unfortunately this will always happen when people like Mike Dean are allowed on the planet :hmm:

On average though VAR will help get more things right in the long run.

The current handball rule really needs improving though the current rule is too severe for the type of handballs they’re giving.

I like the idea of indirect free kicks instead of penalties in regards to some types of handballs.

1 Red card for the opposition in 6 years in the Premier League since 2013 explain that?

So Mike Dean sees a blatant red card at SJP but doesn't give it because he DETESTS Newcastle United. Then someone tells him to look at a video. He looks at it, still LOATHES Newcastle United and so doesn't change his mind. I'm not seeing the moment where the VAR helps the HATED Newcastle United get more decisions in their favour from referees who ABHOR Newcastle United.

So Mike Dean sees a blatant red card at SJP but doesn't give it because he DETESTS Newcastle United. Then someone tells him to look at a video. He looks at it, still LOATHES Newcastle United and so doesn't change his mind. I'm not seeing the moment where the VAR helps the HATED Newcastle United get more decisions in their favour from referees who ABHOR Newcastle United.

The part where it will on average :thup:

Even with Mike Dean having to be made to watch a replay will help make it harder for him to just pass off disgraceful incidents against Newcastle like he does without it.(Boly elbow on Perez, Rondon arm pulled out his socket in box but gives opposition a soft one instead, Didn’t send David Luiz off for last man against us but did Yedlin for last man, Didn’t advise for Pickford to be sent off when it was his job as 4th official to alert the Ref that he saw a Red card offence)

Mike Dean doesn’t hate Newcastle though I mean how obvious does he need to make it :lol:

With VAR though it will help us get more penalties and the opposition will get more Red cards than in the last 2 seasons combined.

Or won’t we you seem sure it won’t?

Well, VAR might work in our favour against Watford or someone. If that happens, it's a positive for us.

With regards to the more powerful clubs though, there's more money than ever in the game now and I don't see VAR changing the balance of decision-making. It's not a conspiracy where VAR/refs set out to ensure one side win but simply people's decision-making being affected by massive pressure. Like anyone else, match officials want a successful career and they don't make decisions in a vacuum. If they get the big calls wrong against the top 6, they find their name in the headlines the next day. Fergie, at the end of his career, admitted that this is a big part of the game. He once complained about Chris Foy not giving them penalties in a game they lost against Spurs. The following week, Foy found himself reffing an Accrington Stanley game three divisions down in League Two. We're seeing similar pressure on refs now from Klopp. Yet you look at Cardiff last season and they suffered some incredible decisions but people just laughed when Warnock went mental about it. I don't see VAR changing this aspect of the sport because the money at stake is so huge now. Said it before but the world cup final was a perfect example.