La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

Guest neesy111

Demetrio Albertini has been spotted at the polling station. No idea that he was a Barça member. He played, what? half a dozen games for us?

5 according to wiki.

Demetrio Albertini has been spotted at the polling station. No idea that he was a Barça member. He played, what? half a dozen games for us?

5 according to wiki.

Unless he was on holidays over here, he must've flown to Barcelona just for this. Kudos to him.

Giuly has also voted. It pleases me when I see foreign former players being so involved with the club.

http://images.scribblelive.com/2015/7/18/500235de-5c02-4409-97ec-2beb3b90261d.jpg

VI what are the potential presidents proposing?

To be completely honest, they aren't radically different. They both claim they are the best suited to keep doing things the way they are being currently done. Both Laporta and the current board are the most successful in all our history.

Their differences, principally:

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Strip Qatar off the shirt, search for new sponsors or just go with UNICEF.

- Build a new basketball court and expand the Camp Nou. Doing so modestly, so name rights don't have to be sold.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

- Collegiate "football board" instead of a single DoF.

- New contract with Qatar, doubling the current shirt income.

- Ambitious remodeling of the Camp Nou and surrounding area.

To be completely honest, they aren't radically different. They both claim they are the best suited to keep doing things the way they are being currently done. Both Laporta and the current board are the most successful in all our history.

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Build a new basketball court and expand the Camp Nou. Doing so modestly, so name rights don't have to be sold.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

I see Laportas proposals as quite cynical he's trying to get elected on a populist ploy.

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

I see Laportas proposals as quite cynical he's trying to get elected on a populist ploy.

He's always been a populist, and he's damn good at striking the right chords. Abidal is loved by fans, and a lot think he was mistreated by the current board; so he puts him in there despite Abi having zero experience. Qatar is hated as a sponsor, so he goes and says he will restore UNICEF (conveniently forgetting the financial consequences of doing so).

I will always credit him with bringing back ambition and belief to a club that was a zombie, but I don't think he's a great steward at all. When he left, the club had huge cash problems. Plus he's a complete, unabashed c***.

I would go with Bartomeu, if he wasn't responsible himself for the transfer ban and the Neymar transfer fracas.

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

He's always been a populist, and he's damn good at striking the right chords. Abidal is loved by fans, and a lot think he was mistreated by the current board; so he puts him in there despite Abi having zero experience. Qatar is hated as a sponsor, so he goes and says he will restore UNICEF (conveniently forgetting the financial consequences of doing so).

I will always credit him with bringing back ambition and belief to a club that was a zombie, but I don't think he's a great steward at all. When he left, the club had huge cash problems. Plus he's a complete, unabashed c***.

I would go with Bartomeu, if he wasn't responsible himself for the transfer ban and the Neymar transfer fracas.

:thup:

Love having a local view of things

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

What struck me about those two manifestos or whatever is that one of them appears intent on denying the club money and the other very intent on making more of it for the club.

Can't imagine Barca would struggle for a shirt sponsor to replace Qatar mind.

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

What struck me about those two manifestos or whatever is that one of them appears intent on denying the club money and the other very intent on making more of it for the club.

Laporta claims that he can find other sponsors that would make up for the lost revenue. But Bartomeu says he can do the same (claims he's got a training kit sponsor lined up), and still keep the money from Qatar.

Me and probably most fans would be happy with another main shirt sponsor, even if it paid a bit less.

Laporta:

- Install Abidal as DoF.

- Buy Pogba this season.

Bartomeu:

Laporta claims that he can find other sponsors that would make up for the lost revenue. But Bartomeu says he can do the same (claims he's got a training kit sponsor lined up), and still keep the money from Qatar.

Me and probably most fans would be happy with another main shirt sponsor, even if it paid a bit less.

Do you know what it pays in comparison to Manyoo or Real deals? Out of interest.

The fact it changed from Qatar Foundation to Qatar Airways sweetened it somewhat. Advertising a "humanitarian" organization from a state that willy-nilly pisses on human rights was way too blatant.

Hot fuck just seen Manyoo are getting 47m a year from Chevrolet [emoji38]

Guest neesy111

Bartomeu wins 54% of the vote. Laporta 20 points behind.

Nice, so you have a tax dodging businessman in charge of a club that's had multiple off the field scandals in the last 12-18 months.

Apparently the bigger percentage who voted for Bartomeu were above the age of 60, would explain a lot [emoji38]

That's probably the mean age of most of our membership, to be frank.

Barça members are a conservative bunch. An incumbent running for reelection has never lost the vote.