Jetro Willems (now playing for Heracles)

Newcastle Fan

Huge loss. Our most important player alongside Saint and Almiron

This. What a gutter. Been a pleasure but the his is likely the end for him in a Newcastle shirt :*(

Does he have a history of Injuries?

This. What a gutter. Been a pleasure but the his is likely the end for him in a Newcastle shirt :*(

He does now. Should be more than enough to persuade Mike's stooges not to make the move permanent.

He does now. Should be more than enough to persuade Mike's stooges not to make the move permanent.

I was thinking would he be a risk even after recovering from this - would be a good buy still for 8-12 million ish

Guest neesy111

If we don't terminate the loan it must mean we're still planning to buy him then?

Nope.

Only if clause is there that we can terminate.

Guest neesy111

Has he had any previous knee issues?

If not I think we'll still get him, possibly at a reduced fee.

Why would the selling club sell at a reduce fee without looking into other suitors?  Especially since he's done well for us.  Will likely not be sorted until the next transfer window at the earliest, still might get him cheaper.

Why would the selling club sell at a reduce fee without looking into other suitors?  Especially since he's done well for us.  Will likely not be sorted until the next transfer window at the earliest, still might get him cheaper.

Yes, I meant we would get him cheaper, and not necessarily right now but perhaps come the summer.

Other suitors may well have been interested, but they're more likely to be turned off by the injury.

However, we'll be more likely to want to keep him as he has done so well and we're already familiar with him, and I am pretty certain he'll want to stay with us too.

He has. Been out for half a year in 2016 with knee problems, although not sure if related.

Ah, okay. Might be an issue if it turns out it's a similar injury to the same knee.