Jetro Willems (now playing for Heracles)

Newcastle Fan

Guest reefatoon

Harshly blamed initially for their goal.

Wouldn’t really say it was harsh, he had already lost his man before being blocked off. Was caught a little flat footed I thought. Had a great game though and gets right up the pitch when we get forward.

Harshly blamed initially for their goal.

Wouldn’t really say it was harsh, he had already lost his man before being blocked off. Was caught a little flat footed I thought. Had a great game though and gets right up the pitch when we get forward.

Had Wilson not stepped in front of him he’d have got to him easily.

I’ve been saying for an eternity how good he is. I’m glad he’s risen to the challenge in the PL. love this player.

That makes two of us mate :) :thup:

100%. You and I have been on the Jetro bandwagon since the PSV days.

In all seriousness he gets up the pitch and is a genuine attacking threat via carrying the ball, crossing or shooting on goal. Usually gets it on target every time too. He used to take a ton of set pieces at PSV, would love to see him hit some corners.

In all seriousness he gets up the pitch and is a genuine attacking threat via carrying the ball, crossing or shooting on goal. Usually gets it on target every time too. He used to take a ton of set pieces at PSV, would love to see him hit some corners.

i'm not 100% sold on the guy but said i'd like to see someone competent instead of ritchie in the LWB role as i think we'd look much better for it and i reckon i'm right

ritchie has his strengths but i never felt comfortable with his overall use of the ball in that role, thought he got his head down too much and ignored a lot of good passing opportunities

• 3 weeks later...

Also there's got to be a massive fucking asterisk next to his name when listing goals scored by defenders. He could easily be playing further forward.

Could have had about 3 more this season too. He gets at least one chance like that a game and seems to work the keeper or go close.