Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Saudi Arabia seem to be modernising and hopefully becoming more open to the rest of the world and with their 2030 thing, the more focus on the country will lead to some positive change. They aren't going to receive praise from me, but I'm not going to be expressing outrage at every possible opportunity when most of the people demanding it said absolutely nothing about Saudi Arabia pre-election in December.

They've a long way to go, and some of the stuff you read about leaves you pretty wide-eyed. But nobody is immune to change and they should be both held to account and encouraged in equal proportion if they do in fact display willingness to move forward. The magnifying glass being held on them as a result of this takeover talk can only be positive I think. I'm sure the Premier League board have already asked for a plan of action for how they will deal with and rectify certain shady things they've been involved in; albeit with a strictly corporate interest rather than a moral interest (which is infinitely more important in my eyes).

I have it on good authority (I made this up and convinced myself) that the takeover will happen today at 3pm. David Craig will be there and someone will throw a gobstopper directly into his mouth. No news on if the gobstopper was previously sucked or not.

Unfortunately, we're all guilty of turning a blind eye when convenient. Sweat shops that exploit children make your trainers and tech goods.

After 13 years of abuse, I can understand why the moral compasses of many are comprised.

e4bb9dec099151deb74a58e57477abd4.gif

"coming days".

Fuck my life. :lol: All we've done for 13 years is fucking wait.

Wait for the next transfer window.

Wait to see if Ashley will change

Wait to see if next year will be better

Wait for the next takeover rumour

Wait for months for this one to play out

Wait endlessly as it's "imminent" or "next week"

Now we've got to wait "a few more days". 13 years of having my football-supporting life on fucking hold.

Sorry, I think I've just snapped.

Only now have they got round to discussing the make-up of the ownership lol

My conspiracy theory is they've just spent the three months trying to strongarm KSA into doing something about piracy and will now conclude with a normal 2 week O&D test :lol:

Guest chopey

Looking at whats happened to Wigan today I take it the EFL test is a lot easier to pass than the EPL one

"Coming days" klaxon

Dare we hope they have moved on from the issue of piracy

Not necessarily.

If piracy is still an issue, maybe that's why they're discussing the makeup of the ownership. Maybe certain people or investors are to be sidelined to get this through.

Otherwise the makeup of the ownership is sod-all to do with the PL. That's something they've otherwise been told, not invited to discuss.

"Coming days" klaxon

Dare we hope they have moved on from the issue of piracy

I'm not really hoping anything at this point, have not got a clue where we are in the process so not really checking this thread that much any more. I'll often just look at the title and barely bother clicking beyond the last page of the thread these days. Even if it goes through, as it would appear likely, just seems like it still be weeks or months away yet. No point in doing your head in worrying about it.