sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest covmag

Maybe they'd welcome SAFC ceasing to exist as NUFC would never be able to play them again. That way their 6 in a row record would be safe forever.

I see some of them still sign off any post on RTG with FTM. That's one of the reasons I am enjoying their fall.

got to agree with the FTM, and the reason i hate the fuckers with a passion, they are a laughing stock a shambles a mess ad i hope they fall and fall until out of business.

i wouldn't miss the thick cunts one bit  , the forum they have is full of bitter bastards trying to get a rise out of newcastle fans , they put threads on for us to bite but the posters on there can't see it at times.............fuck them all i say.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Sunderland as a whole is like a time warp from the 70s and 80s. Trust me I work there a lot and it’s depressing as hell, it makes Middlesbrough seem like fucking London. I do feel for the genuine SAFC fans and as a North Easterner it’s not nice to see their city so depressed on almost every level be it financially, societal, infrastructure, architecture, the lot. As a club though... they are a nothing club and always have been. They will always be in our shadow no matter how many wins they achieve over us. No right minded person, be it a player or a resident would choose to play for that club or live in that city ahead of Newcastle. Most mackems come to Newcastle for a night out, they certainly shop here and their players live here in in Durham, same with their managers. Away fans visiting the stadium of nonces and racists stay here and have a night out here or a weekend. Sunderland is a shit hole and until the City and people get into the 21st century, their club which to be fair has tried to, will always fall back into the abyss of nothingness as there really is nothing going for any of it. I know several mackems that genuinely believe there is some kind of economic and media driven conspiracy towards Newcastle in terms of regeneration and all these ‘top places to live, work, shop’ etc. and as a result it pushes Sunderland back. Madness. I’m a critic of our City, but when I took my relatives around last year from Redditch, they were in genuine awe. Everyone I’ve ever met not from here have nothing but great things to say about our City and us as people. Sunderland? I doubt many would even know if the place existed if it wasn’t for SAFC.

Sunderland as a whole is like a time warp from the 70s and 80s. Trust me I work there a lot and it’s depressing as hell, it makes Middlesbrough seem like f***ing London. I do feel for the genuine SAFC fans and as a North Easterner it’s not nice to see their city so depressed on almost every level be it financially, societal, infrastructure, architecture, the lot. As a club though... they are a nothing club and always have been. They will always be in our shadow no matter how many wins they achieve over us. No right minded person, be it a player or a resident would choose to play for that club or live in that city ahead of Newcastle. Most mackems come to Newcastle for a night out, they certainly shop here and their players live here in in Durham, same with their managers. Away fans visiting the stadium of nonces and racists stay here and have a night out here or a weekend. Sunderland is a s*** hole and until the City and people get into the 21st century, their club which to be fair has tried to, will always fall back into the abyss of nothingness as there really is nothing going for any of it. I know several mackems that genuinely believe there is some kind of economic and media driven conspiracy towards Newcastle in terms of regeneration and all these ‘top places to live, work, shop’ etc. and as a result it pushes Sunderland back. Madness. I’m a critic of our City, but when I took my relatives around last year from Redditch, they were in genuine awe. Everyone I’ve ever met not from here have nothing but great things to say about our City and us as people. Sunderland? I doubt many would even know if the place existed if it wasn’t for SAFC.

Spot on with this like.... and the bleakness that shrouds the place weighs heavily on it's inhabitants

I'm all for the economic regeneration of the North East including Sunderland. More good employers in the North East would be great. If Sunderland was more successful as a city they may have less of a chip on their shoulder about the city of Newcastle. The impression I get from Sunderland is they'd rather drag the city of Newcastle down to their level rather than pull themselves up to Newcastle's level.

A couple of my experiences of Sunderland sum them. I was driving home and had Sun FM on the radio for the traffic report. After the report had said their was heavy congestion in Newcastle the radio presenter said "Good!" Like he was delighted that people who live in Newcastle we're having to deal with bad traffic.

I was in the Sunderland shopping centre in the Works book shop. I saw an old woman pick up a NUFC annual and snarled to herself "Newcastle? What's that doing here?".

"....and the bleakness that shrouds the place weighs heavily on it's inhabitants"

The Shadow Over Sunderland.

Didn't realise H.P. Lovecraft had been to the North East.

I'm all for the economic regeneration of the North East including Sunderland. More good employers in the North East would be great. If Sunderland was more successful as a city they may have less of a chip on their shoulder about the city of Newcastle. The impression I get from Sunderland is they'd rather drag the city of Newcastle down to their level rather than pull themselves up to Newcastle's level.

A couple of my experiences of Sunderland sum them. I was driving home and had Sun FM on the radio for the traffic report. After the report had said their was heavy congestion in Newcastle the radio presenter said "Good!" Like he was delighted that people who live in Newcastle we're having to deal with bad traffic.

I was in the Sunderland shopping centre in the Works book shop. I saw an old woman pick up a NUFC annual and snarled to herself "Newcastle? What's that doing here?".

To be fair shop stocking NUFC stuff in sunderland has nothing on the Leeds branch of HMV which for the longest time had a massive picture of Brian Clough (as played by Michael Sheen) up, not sure they really thought that through  :lol:

"....and the bleakness that shrouds the place weighs heavily on it's inhabitants"

The Shadow Over Sunderland.

Didn't realise H.P. Lovecraft had been to the North East.

To be fair rather than inspire despair, imminent consumption by an elder god may lighten the place up