FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

Yeah, is death penalty on the table?

It's always on the table in the USA, man.

:lol:

Only for the two top right though.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/83248000/jpg/_83248568_027406409-1.jpg

Yeah, is death penalty on the table?

It's always on the table in the USA, man.

Only for the two top right though.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/83248000/jpg/_83248568_027406409-1.jpg

Aye, Robert Mugabe is a fucking horrible bloke like.

Guest chopey

I still think Russia and Qatar have a legitimate right to host the world cup it's just the process that needs investigating

I still think Russia and Qatar have a legitimate right to host the world cup it's just the process that needs investigating

How does a country of only 2m people (200k Qataris) which is about as big as metropolitan London with only one conurbation which comes close to being called a city (about the population of Newcastle) and with a history of discrimination, expliotation and grave human rights abuses but, notably, absolutely no history or tradition in football have the 'right' to hold a world cup?

Oh, and it's as hot as the sun too.

Guest firetotheworks

So does North Korea, it's still ridiculous to give it to Qatar when you tot up the insane amount of things that it doesn't have going for it and giving it to Russia whilst trying to say 'Kick Racism Out of Football' with a straight face.

Andrew Jennings

‏@AAndrewJennings

I gave the FBI the crucial documents that triggered yesterday's arrests. There will be more to come. Blatter is a target.

:megusta:

Guest firetotheworks

How does a country of only 2m people (200k Qataris) which is about as big as metropolitan London with only one conurbation which comes close to being called a city (about the population of Newcastle) and with a history of discrimination, expliotation and grave human rights abuses but, notably, absolutely no history or tradition in football have the 'right' to hold a world cup?

...and no one's allowed to drink and it'll have to be in the winter, therefore disrupting pretty much every league in the world.

Soz.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01804/qatar_1804682c.jpg

Guest chopey

Every country should have the opportunity to host if there bid is credible  I don't think it's fair that some countries have hosted more than once and others have never had the opportunity

Guest chopey

World Cup in Qatar was ridiculous from the start. Hopefully this will put a stop to it.

Agreed it probably should have been UAE, however the November world cup is fine by me, if a few £200,000 a week footballers are upset by missing a few weeks summer holidays then they can put their notice in and go and work for sports direct on a zero hour contract

World Cup in Qatar was ridiculous from the start. Hopefully this will put a stop to it.

Agreed it probably should have been UAE, however the November world cup is fine by me, if a few £200,000 a week footballers are upset by missing a few weeks summer holidays then they can put their notice in and go and work for sports direct on a zero hour contract

Wouldn't get soldiers moaning about the heat would you? Makes me sick.

Guest firetotheworks

Every country should have the opportunity to host if there bid is credible  I don't think it's fair that some countries have hosted more than once and others have never had the opportunity

I agree to an extent, but it should always be somewhere with an existing infrastructure, a football history, or one in which football is becoming popular. Places like Qatar don't tick any of those boxes. You can say that Russia deserve the opportunity, but it's absolute bullshit that an organisation can say they want to end racism and homophobia in football and then reward fucking Russia with a World Cup. It's pathetic.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't get soldiers moaning about the heat would you? Makes me sick.

Andrew Jennings

‏@AAndrewJennings

I gave the FBI the crucial documents that triggered yesterday's arrests. There will be more to come. Blatter is a target.

That's the guy they interviewed on Colin Murray's show on Talksport yesterday who was understandably overjoyed at this turn of events  ;D

He reckons the evidence he gave the FBI is enough to send the whole lot of them down, including Blatter.

Also said they'll have to re-allocate the next two world cups, with 2018 likely coming to England, with Holland and Belgium as another possibility and the 2022 finals going to the USA.

Guest firetotheworks

Andrew Jennings

‏@AAndrewJennings

That's the guy they interviewed on Colin Murray's show on Talksport yesterday who was understandably overjoyed at this turn of events  ;D

He reckons the evidence he gave the FBI is enough to send the whole lot of them down, including Blatter.

Also said they'll have to re-allocate the next two world cups, with 2018 likely coming to England, with Holland and Belgium as another possibility and the 2022 finals going to the USA.

:harry: Must not get excited.

No, it should not be another horrible state with no tradition in football. You're completely missing the point if you simply think it's from the point of view of a player this is not a sensible idea.

Guest GallowgateKev

Because they gave the biggest bribe

Guest firetotheworks

England came bottom of the voting like so it's not like it's next in line.

Either way, World Cups in accessible locations is a :thup:

Surely it would be a revote if the entire thing was seen as being undemocratic? Other potential hosts would have surely given bribes as well...

England came bottom of the voting like so it's not like it's next in line.

Either way, World Cups in accessible locations is a :thup:

Surely it would be a revote if the entire thing was seen as being undemocratic? Other potential hosts would have surely given bribes as well...

You'd like to think so. Anyway, we'll see.

Really, developing countries should not get the WC. Too many bribes happen along the way and the infrastructure development that occurs is unnatural and almost too often never used by the public after. It really should be middle income and above countries if you're looking for a first time host. Brazil, as great as their history, should not have hosted it. How much money went into the hands of politicians and well-connected people is such a shame. The political institutions aren't ready for the massive amount of government spending on areas that haven't been gone through the proper planning and assessment.

Guest GallowgateKev

When was the last time Spain hosted a world cup?

My mind has gone completely blank