On this day...

Tooj

I’ll throw the 2002 FA Cup in there though. We probably should have beaten Arsenal at home before they tanked us in the replay. It would have been Boro in the Semi then Chelsea who we’d finished higher than in the table in the Final.

Yeah I think about that one.

Also went into the two FA Cup finals thinking we didn't have much chance - then again, it was just one game away.

For me the Chelsea semi final's the closest. A game we were right in, and win that and we're favourites for the final.

The 97 runner up place wasn't so far off either, though it felt a lot different to 96. But that's just a few stupid draws/defeats off.

I get so frustrated thinking about how none of the times we got to finals or semi finals were at our best (either KK or Bobby best).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If there's any NUFC game I'd loved to have been in the away end for that Feyenoord game would be up there.

Bet the San Siro and Camp Nou were class too when we scored, especially the former

Yeah. The Barcelona game was a bit of a damp squib. Especially after an over-night (no sleep) train from Paris for a postponment and downpour. Couldn't get as into it as should have because it also had a feel of bonus time in the 2nd group phase. Inter was real but wasn't there.

Was too young, probably, but wish I'd been in Bilbao albeit we didn't score, more than any other European away game.

Bloody Ziganda.

Fondly remember the home match. We absolutely battered them and then threw it away, classic KK really. Seem to remember they had a really decent numbers over and the atmosphere being really good all evening. My first proper taste of Europe given the Antwerp second leg was a formality.

Guest neesy111

Bloody Ziganda.

Fondly remember the home match. We absolutely battered them and then threw it away, classic KK really. Seem to remember they had a really decent numbers over and the atmosphere being really good all evening. My first proper taste of Europe given the Antwerp second leg was a formality.

That was my 2nd game.  I seem to remember the crowd doing mexican waves and kind of put of the players.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

I’m sure that celebration got him a yellow card meaning he was suspended and had to start Robert Lee as centre-forward against Monaco as Shearer & Ferdinand were also injured the mad man.

Cost us the Waffa Cup and League the cunt, and Columbia the World Cup. Glad Dalglish got rid!

Guest neesy111

I’m sure that celebration got him a yellow card meaning he was suspended and had to start Robert Lee as centre-forward against Monaco as Shearer & Ferdinand were also injured the mad man.

Yes, absolutely correct.

Beardsley the day before had his eye swollen by a Keith Gillespie shot iirc.

More annoyed we didn’t buy Bobby Pires off the back of those games even if he was shite.

More annoyed we didn’t buy Bobby Pires off the back of those games even if he was shite.

We did sign David Terrier a year later though so every cloud.

Yes, absolutely correct.

Sure he was back and playing though by the time the 1/4 came around. Pretty sure it was the suspension that kept him out of the first leg. Might be wrong.

Guest neesy111

Yes, absolutely correct.

Sure he was back and playing though by the time the 1/4 came around. Pretty sure it was the suspension that kept him out of the first leg. Might be wrong.

You are correct with the suspension.