Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Need to hear more.

Looks like the boo-boys have got to him though. 

I guess he’s not on massive wages anyway. He’ll get more wherever he goes. I suspect we would pay him a decent chunk too. I wish him the best.

We won’t get loads of money for the likes of him though. A 9 goal a season PL attacker, 25. Spanish, 2 years on the contract is worth what, £20m? Maybe 15m in Spain.

Need to hear more.

Looks like the boo-boys have got to him though. 

I guess he’s not on massive wages anyway. He’ll get more wherever he goes. I suspect we would pay him a decent chunk too. I wish him the best.

We won’t get loads of money for the likes of him though. A 9 goal a season PL attacker, 25. Spanish, 2 years on the contract is worth what, £20m? Maybe 15m in Spain.

Think he is replaceable. We could get another player who could replicate those stats. He has been acting like a little superstar lately so if he wants out, then good luck to him.

One of our longest serving players (senior contracts)

Dummett 9 years

Elliot 8 years

Lascelles, Darlow, Colback, Perez, Aarons, Woodman 5 years

Could be a few others off that list away this summer too - elliot, darlow, colback, aarons, woodman

I’d like him to stay but I think along with the likes of Ritchie & Diame he’s someone we could upgrade relatively easily.

Someone you can upgrade easily if you are prepared to invest or have good scouting, but I have no confidence we would replace him properly.

I think he will stay for another season if Benitez stays, but can't blame him for leaving if Benitez doesn't sign a new contract because he would probably lose his chance of playing for Spain would be over then. If he does leave in the summer along with Benitez then the club is going to be in big trouble in the summer. We have important players that may want to leave, loan players we won't sign to replace and squad players that are not good enough to replace like Joselu. This is what happens when you don't back your manager properly.

I’d like him to stay but I think along with the likes of Ritchie & Diame he’s someone we could upgrade relatively easily.

Someone you can upgrade easily if you are prepared to invest or have good scouting, but I have no confidence we would replace him properly.

I think he will stay for another season if Benitez stays, but can't blame him for leaving if Benitez doesn't sign a new contract because he would probably lose his chance of playing for Spain would be over then. If he does leave in the summer along with Benitez then the club is going to be in big trouble in the summer. We have important players that may want to leave, loan players we won't sign to replace and squad players that are not good enough to replace like Joselu. This is what happens when you don't back your manager properly.

Reckon there’s a lot to the theory that his future is linked to Rafa’s - my first response to reading that quote was “Rafa’s gone”.

Struggling to grasp the ambivalence to the idea of Ayoze leaving - he’s been our best player in 2019, and offers so much to our attack. Find the notion he could be adequately replaced by Almiron or Muto frankly weird.

Let's hope we get a real player in to replace this subhuman piece of Spanish soft cunt shite. What he's done, the crimes he has committed against England and the real men within, was unforgivable.

Its getting tedious now, almost every post.

Reckon there’s a lot to the theory that his future is linked to Rafa’s - my first response to reading that quote was “Rafa’s gone”.

Struggling to grasp the ambivalence to the idea of Ayoze leaving - he’s been our best player in 2019, and offers so much to our attack. Find the notion he could be adequately replaced by Almiron or Muto frankly weird.

I think some other key players will look to leave if Benitez goes while their stock is high like Lascelles and Dubravka.

He will be hard to replace and we will miss him more than the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Mitrovic who are oddly held in higher regard than Perez.

Ben Arfa is held in a higher regard because he was a better player than Perez so not that odd

I get he was really enjoyable to watch I just think Perez deserves more recognition for what he has contributed to the club compared to the players I have mentioned.

Let's hope we get a real player in to replace this subhuman piece of Spanish soft cunt shite. What he's done, the crimes he has committed against England and the real men within, was unforgivable.

Its getting tedious now, almost every post.

I’d say more one in three.

There’s no question Ben Arfa is more talented, but whether he’s a more effective player is a very different question.

HBA was definitely more effective going forward. Perez is more effective doing the unglamourous side of the role. (Although, I'd say HBA's contribution to the defensive side and Perez's to the attacking side is still, at worse, satisfactory enough (generally speaking).)