The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

The fact that Debuchy plays really well for France shows what a good player he is. The fact that he is generally s*** playing for us says a lot more about the club than the player.

could mean he looks better when he gets forward more, when needed to defend more he doesn't look as good ?

Why isn't he their first choice then?

The lad's good going forward when he has time and space but he's a poor defender with no recovery pace. It's that simple.

Do you have to be first choice for your national team to be a good player?

Even for us, Debuchy has been far too criticised for the level of performance he's delivered IMO. He would get into many PL teams (he says without thinking of their RBs).

I think what you mean to say is that he has put in a few extremely terrible and mentally weak performances that may cloud the opinion of him when he simply has average or solid matches. I would agree with this, but he has still been a poor signing thus far and played well below the standard you would expect.

Even for us, Debuchy has been far too criticised for the level of performance he's delivered IMO. He would get into many PL teams (he says without thinking of their RBs).

I think what you mean to say is that he has put in a few extremely terrible and mentally weak performances that may cloud the opinion of him when he simply has average or solid matches. I would agree with this, but he has still been a poor signing thus far and played well below the standard you would expect.

:thup: a fair assessment

In defence of Debuchy he has playing with pretty much the worst defence in the league since he joined last January. Defensively we were terrible last season and so far this season only the mackems have conceded more than us. Can't be very good for his confidence.

In defence of Debuchy he has playing with pretty much the worst defence in the league since he joined last January. Defensively we were terrible last season and so far this season only the mackems have conceded more than us. Can't be very good for his confidence.

I like that your defence of Debuchy is to say that he's part of the worst defence in the league (although I get what you're saying, obviously).

Why isn't he their first choice then?

The lad's good going forward when he has time and space but he's a poor defender with no recovery pace. It's that simple.

Do you have to be first choice for your national team to be a good player?

Who suggested that? But let's face it, he isn't a good player. He's a decent footballer who can't defend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

:lol: It's effective though, isn't it?  Players would shuffle forward previously and can't do so now.

It did cross my mind though, have there been any goals directly from FKs yet?!

None.

I don't think it is an issue to being with, frankly. It is not as if the referee actually takes out his utensils or his laser and measures out exactly ten yards. It has always been the referee just arbitrarily lining the players up and watching that they don't move too much.  What will happen if the players are only 9.3 yards away from the ball? Will people die? No. Just line the players up and book them if they move too much. You don't need to leave your rubbish all about the pitch.

:lol: It's effective though, isn't it?  Players would shuffle forward previously and can't do so now.

None.

I don't think it is an issue to being with, frankly. It is not as if the referee actually takes out his utensils or his laser and measures out exactly ten yards. It has always been the referee just arbitrarily lining the players up and watching that they don't move too much.  What will happen if the players are only 9.3 yards away from the ball? Will people die? No. Just line the players up and book them if they move too much. You don't need to leave your rubbish all about the pitch.

:lol: :lol:

I love the spray, me. :lol: Also, my girlfriend hates football but I've managed to get her interested in the spray, national anthems and good looking footballers to increase her tolerance and allow me to watch more football.  Next up - whose strip do you think is the nicest, pet?  Should give me another few days.

It really is.  Give refs more gadgets/weapons/accessories.  Hover boards, pepper spray, etc.

Getting pepper sprayed is rank like. I'd be all for it. Dish it out when some mouthy cunt is telling them to fuck off repeatedly.

None.

:lol: :lol:

I love the spray, me. :lol: Also, my girlfriend hates football but I've managed to get her interested in the spray, national anthems and good looking footballers to increase her tolerance and allow me to watch more football.  Next up - whose strip do you think is the nicest, pet?  Should give me another few days.

That's brilliant :lol: