The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Tiote-Cabaye-Marv in a midfield 3 is the way forward. Got a bit of everything that.

Except penetration. Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux is the best we can put out, though it's far from perfect.

Guest bimpy474

The Premiership isn't the best league in the world, maybe the most exciting but nowhere near the best.

Guest bimpy474

Most of my opinions seem to be unpopular.

Here's a new one - David Pleat is a good pundit.

He was a better kerb crawler.

He wasn't like, he got caught.

Ah, but how many times did he crawl the kerbs before he was caught? If he did it once without being caught it makes him a better crawler than pundit.

Guest bimpy474

Ah, but how many times did he crawl the kerbs before he was caught? If he did it once without being caught it makes him a better crawler than pundit.

Good point, i wonder how many times he got away with it.... :hmm:

I have to say, his Spurs side of 86-87 was one of the most entertaining sides I've ever seen. Hoddle and Waddle feeding an unstoppable striker in Clive Allen. Criminal they won fuck all.

Guest chicken little

I wish Kevin Keegan had signed Paul Ince. What a player he was.

i went on a mental and bizarre drug-addled spiritual journey to an alternate past the other day. one where at the same time as we signed beardsley back, keegan also brought back gascoigne and waddle.

it was a glorious and fantastic voyage, though on reflection it would be incredibly hard to work as a real-life football team.

Guest bimpy474

I have to say, his Spurs side of 86-87 was one of the most entertaining sides I've ever seen. Hoddle and Waddle feeding an unstoppable striker in Clive Allen. Criminal they won fuck all.

Aye, the 4-5-1 system he deployed was a great way to play, Clive Allen just excelled in it up top.

Aye, the 4-5-1 system he deployed was a great way to play, Clive Allen just excelled in it up top.

It's fair to say Pleat was a real innovator here....before then 4-5-1 was always used in a negative manner, generally used by sides trying to leave Anfield or Goodison with a point.

Guest bimpy474

It's fair to say Pleat was a real innovator here....before then 4-5-1 was always used in a negative manner, generally used by sides trying to leave Anfield or Goodison with a point.

Very true, i loved the way Hoddle was able to play in this system. It was Hoddle as his best imo. Now that was when a long pass was brilliant.