Newcastle United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - 09/12/2018 @ 16:00 - Sky Sports

HaydnNUFC

They struggle when teams stop the two in the middle from playing, Huddersfield and Watford both did it at their place. Should be our blueprint.

yes they look as if they've struggled when teams have outnumbered them in midfield,  need to a formation that gets Diame, Shelvey & Ki in but we also need an attacking threat.

You can look at the next three games and say "that could be 9 points," but it isn't likely. It would be amazing, but not likely.

7 would be good.

6 I'd probably take.

5 wouldn't be the end of the world.

4 and we're into depression territory.

3, that's at least two weekends well and truly ruined.

2, kill iz.

1, kill iz with fire.

0, Merry Christmas.

They struggle when teams stop the two in the middle from playing, Huddersfield and Watford both did it at their place. Should be our blueprint.

Yeah they’ve struggled when teams put 3 against them in a 3-5-2 Huddersfield did it best. We should keep the 3 at the back and play Ki, Diame, Shelvey in midfield for this and have Perez/Muto up top with Rondon :thup:

Not sure I’ve ever seen Rafa go with a 3 in the middle though.

Yeah they’ve struggled when teams put 3 against them in a 3-5-2 Huddersfield did it best. We should keep the 3 at the back and play Ki, Diame, Shelvey in midfield for this and have Perez/Muto up top with Rondon :thup:

Not sure I’ve ever seen Rafa go with a 3 in the middle though.

We see so little of the ball with two supporting Rondon when we go three at the back - I don't know halving our options carrying the ball forward is going to please the possession counters. Including Kenedy at wingback would add to our ability to stretch teams when we break, but it looks very deep with three central defenders with Shelvey and Diame on their toes and Ki trying to find space to  make things tick over.

Well Kenedy probably won't be fit for this going by what Rafa said at the Everton game: - "He has a problem with his toe. He couldn't put his boots on and he couldn't train in the last couple of days."

Ritchie will no doubt return to the side so it's more than likely between Atsu and Murphy for the other wing.

I think this might be a draw or a lucky win

Would like to see Shelvey and Muto feature at some point instead of Joselu and Perez

Schar is suspended.

Shelvey will get wound up to fuck by Sais and the other wolves players and get a card. In any case he looked nowhere near fit when he came on against WHU anyway.

100% yes please.  Would also like to see Shaaaaar behind Shelvey to force Shelvey higher up the pitch.

I've always sympathised with Wolves because they got shafted when the PL went from 22 teams to 20. Wolves came second in the second teir (still called the First Division, I think) and had to go into the playoffs that year, and they failed to get promoted via those playoffs. They didn't come up for nearly a decade after that. 

:milner:

You can look at the next three games and say "that could be 9 points," but it isn't likely. It would be amazing, but not likely.

7 would be good.

6 I'd probably take.

5 wouldn't be the end of the world.

4 and we're into depression territory.

3, that's at least two weekends well and truly ruined.

2, kill iz.

1, kill iz with fire.

0, Merry Christmas.

:lol: