St James' Park

Delima

I’m no more attached to the current iteration of the stadium than I was to how it was when I first went with the old wooden West Stand. Tear it down and build something new on the site.

The location is the important thing, I’d rather rebuild on the current site but if that’s not possible move it into Leazes Park or down to the Arena site.

Not for me lads, new stadium is a tough sell in any circumstances. St James' is too good and too iconic. Besides, unlike Goodison (badly aged) and WHL (too small), I don't think those same arguments could be levelled at SJP. I think there's potential there to modernise, the structure itself is sound. I know expansion may be an issue, but the addition of 10-15,000 more seats isn't good enough reason to level an icon.

:thup: It's location and the fact that we've always played there for 128 years is too much for me to move and knock it down, like. Just work on ways to attempt to expand it and just completely clean up and modernise the place. Take it out of 2004 (which is probably the last time work was done to it) and into the 2020s.

:thup:

Loved SJP, but agree with much of what is being said. So long as it was still fairly central and was something special, I'd love a new stadium. The new LA one looks unreal. The Texas Rangers one, not so much.

I mean in reality, if an ambitious owner was going to have a new stadium help be part of a major property investment into the region/city centre that would also include the creation of local jobs and stimulation of economy - wonderful. If that new owner saw this as part of their underwriting to make the very best possible NUFC, I'm all in.

Unless they can move Leazes terrace brick by brick, I just can’t see how any ambitious owner could build something to match Spurs etc on our current site.

As much as I love St James it is completely restricted in what we can do with it. Fifteen thousand people are stuck up in the gods with a debatable view and it currently looks like 2 separate stadiums stuck together.

A new purpose built facility at the arena site with great sight lines for everyone, a large single tier stand behind one of the goals, better acoustics, stands closer to the pitch, better hospitality and something architecturally imposing and striking as visitors enter the city would be far superior to St Jame’s.

Unless they can move Leazes terrace brick by brick, I just can’t see how any ambitious owner could build something to match Spurs etc on our current site.

As much as I love St James it is completely restricted in what we can do with it. Fifteen thousand people are stuck up in the gods with a debatable view and it currently looks like 2 separate stadiums stuck together.

A new purpose built facility at the arena site with great sight lines for everyone, a large single tier stand behind one of the goals, better acoustics, stands closer to the pitch, better hospitality and something architecturally imposing and striking as visitors enter the city would be far superior to St Jame’s.

I absolutely adore its lopsidedness and I'd hate to see us move away from SJP for most of the reasons listed by Haydn above. It's already architecturally imposing in its current location, fantastically so. I'll never understand this ravenous desire some people have for a brand new site.

It's all pie in the sky stuff at the moment anyway, so in this little fantasy land I'd buy the Strawberry Place land back and expand over it in some way. Some sort of sloping design that meets with a renovated East Stand would be ideal.

I absolutely adore its lopsidedness and I'd hate to see us move away from SJP for most of the reasons listed by Haydn above. It's already architecturally imposing in its current location, fantastically so. I'll never understand this ravenous desire some people have for a brand new site.

It's all pie in the sky stuff at the moment anyway, so in this little fantasy land I'd buy the Strawberry Place land back and expand over it in some way. Some sort of sloping design that meets with a renovated East Stand would be ideal.

That’s the great thing though isn’t it we all like our own thing. I certainly wouldn’t want some soulless new bowl, however in this dreamland of a Saudi takeover I just think we could build something that would be the envy of everyone. The arena location would be a tremendous visual on the river and for people entering the city.

Hopefully the takeover goes through and they build a new stadium outside of the city, creating a mini city around it and the club owning all the businesses. See how important your block of tatty flats is to your economy then you daft council wankers.

Hopefully the takeover goes through and they build a new stadium outside of the city, creating a mini city around it and the club owning all the businesses. See how important your block of tatty flats is to your economy then you daft council wankers.

You want it "outside of the City"?

Or, do you just mean "outside of the City Centre"?

I do not think that moving it outside of our great City, into Gateshead, North Tyneside, Sunderland, or South Tyneside, is a very good idea at all !!

You want it "outside of the City"?

Or, do you just mean "outside of the City Centre"?

I do not think that moving it outside of our great City, into Gateshead, North Tyneside, Sunderland, or South Tyneside, is a very good idea at all !!

Wherever it needs to go so Newcastle City Centre doesn't benefit from it. They had their chance to protect the clubs future, they fucked it off and us over. Wouldn't have happened in Liverpool or Manchester.

• 1 month later...

bars around central and centre for life would be rammed, haymarket etc would die off on a matchday

disagree with that. some will start at haymarket and have some round there and gradually move towards the ground as they do now.