La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

Reading Fear & Loathing in La Liga and rewatching the Figo pigs head debacle off the back of it. God, El Clasico was great before it was taken over by tourists.

Aye, I feel the same way. Nowadays when a goal is scored you see (especially at the Nou Camp) behind the goal phone after phone raised a loft, instead of fans jumping around celebrating. Very sad. The globalisation of the fixture has absolutely seen the atmosphere sterilised, but the quality on the pitch is still outstanding as a general rule.

There's a scandal raging nowadays after the regional Catalan TV revealed that the club was reselling seats from ST holders that couldn't attend the game for like 1000% the regular price, while refunding only 95% to the ST holder.

Truth be said, the board has always made a point of keeping ST prices very low for a club of our standard, and their rationale isn't that outlandish (it's better than the club gets the money than the touts) but that's still :anguish:

Iniesta has sold Albacete to a Lebanese-Qatar conglomerate. I hope it works out for the club. Iniesta stepped in when Albacete were in the gutter and the idea was just to keep them afloat while a long-term solution appeared. He's ended up owning the team for 6 years, and burnt a shitload of money in the club he loves. Dude deserves a statue - oh wait he's got one already.

Can't think of any other example of an active footballer owning a professional football club?

Drogba?

Is that USL club he owns a pro outfit? Genuine question, I don't know.

Looking at their players I'd assume it's a pro outfit but I don't know.

No way Peter Ramage is a professional footballer.

Joking aside, yeah, too many big names in that squad.

Real Madrid are at home (v Deportivo) and Atletico are at home (v Girona) the weekend that i am going to Madrid in January. If the timings do not clash i will want to go to both.

What is the best way of getting tickets? And anybody know the approximate cost per person?

Real Madrid are at home (v Deportivo) and Atletico are at home (v Girona) the weekend that i am going to Madrid in January. If the timings do not clash i will want to go to both.

What is the best way of getting tickets? And anybody know the approximate cost per person?

Atleti you can buy on Spanish ticketmaster via the official website and assuming they have it at the new ground print out at the booths next to the ground. Was the same price as the PL iirc.

Guest neesy111

You won't know until 2 weeks before for kick off times.  La Liga are absolutely rotten for announcing games very late.

You won't know until 2 weeks before for kick off times.  La Liga are absolutely rotten for announcing games very late.

:thup: On some occasions it's has changed with a few days notice I seem to recall.

Guest neesy111

Ok cheers. I will try and get tickets for Real Madrid then if they don't clash will see if any are available last minute for Atletico.

Real Tickets only go on sale to the general public a few weeks before (I think when kick off time is announced, otherwise on sale to members before that).

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest neesy111

Absolute farcical stuff with scheduling of La Liga fixtures for first few weeks.

Spanish FA decides that games can't be moved to Friday or Monday because of the mess it causes fans (especially this season as they are planning 2 monday night games back to back), obviously La Liga completely disputes this.  Case was heard last week with compromise of Friday's being allowed while further judgement is made with deposit of £20m by La Liga.  So only last week was the actual dates and times of the fixtures announced with first game is this friday with Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona.

Also no UK TV in place yet.

Guest chopey

I thought Premier Sport had La Liga?

Last season, no deal in place for UK TV, Sky told me that not enough people cancelled when they lost La Liga so their offer of what they paid last time still stands and they wont pay anymore