La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

Been at the Valencia - Betis game this afternoon. Most entertaining match I've watched in a long while. Valencia were abject first half, defensively all over the place, 0-1 down at the break and whistled off. Second half starts with a bit more of the same before Enzo Perez loses his head and gets sent off for a lunge when on a yellow. Not surprised like as Betis were Poyet-ing it all game, Uruguayan as owt. Anyhow, Betis score a second not long after and should have the game to put to bed but they needlessly sit back and cede possession letting Valencia back in to it. Lush breakaway from Rodrigo makes it 1-2, they miss a couple more chances to level and then Garay (who I can't tell if he's good) equalises from a rebound. See the game out? Nah, leave yourself wide open so Betis can nick at the end. Cue pandamonium in the surprisingly large (by Spanish standards) away following and putas all around from the home fans.

All played out in disgusting heat which has left me red as fuck. All in all, 5/7 would do again.

Gaya seemingly went off because of heat exhaustion, and he looked pretty fucked up on the sideline. Mad that they didn't have any drinks breaks. Would have been brutal sitting up there in the open but what a class game to watch. Ruben Castro > *

Betis have a large "away" following due to the significant Andalusian emigration to big Spanish cities. They always show up in numbers at the Camp Nou, too.

:thup: would make sense. Made a lot of noise mind so fair play to them. Was quite a few dotted around near me below their official section too. Got quite heated (in a good natured) manner after they won it.

Betis have a large "away" following due to the significant Andalusian emigration to big Spanish cities. They always show up in numbers at the Camp Nou, too.

:thup: would make sense. Made a lot of noise mind so fair play to them. Was quite a few dotted around near me below their official section too. Got quite heated (in a good natured) manner after they won it.

They are always very lively, indeed. I love when Betis come to play tbf, since they are feisty on and off the pitch.

What's the situation at Valencia all about, VI? I read the official statement before about CN10 but wondered if you could expand on it from a neutral point of view? Sounds messy.

Valencia have been trying to neuter the ultra groups at Mestalla and those are lashing out.

Ah. :thup:

Don't like Zidane's treatment of James but he's getting results. James seems to be a bit of a confidence player.. give him 90 minutes man. Or 80!

He has a so-so 45 minutes, then scores a great goal. Subbed within 15 minutes of the restart. With the transfer ban James is needed for the next 18 months. Needs to be shown respect.

The football under Zidane is pretty crap too. But again, good results. He has a bit of rotation going.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Sergio Araujo apparently overdid his celebrations after scoring the equalizer for Las Palmas against Real Madrid. He got in trouble with the police after being caught drunk driving. Faces up to 11 months in jail.

11 months in jail or a 11 month sentence (which means no jail time)?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

More worried about the jokers upstairs than the manager right now. Valverde's good, question mark is whether he can handle a star studded dressing room.

But we need to nail this transfer window, Madrid have a better squad, plain and simple.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Great article that. In some ways this current Barca side is reminiscent of The Galacticos. At board room level, Real and Barca are playing the exact same game except Real are doing it better.

Real's transfer dealings in the last 5-6 years have been brilliant. They can actually use the PL's financial strength to their advantage. The money they received for Ozil & Di Maria would cover the entire cost of Kroos, Modric, Isco & Casemiro.

The financial strength of the PL also means they could recoup every penny from Bale and James.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last was one of th best games of last season.  Absolutely no spoiler tactics from the managers. 1 minutes to go, 10 man Real having just equalised pushing for the winner. 

A red card. Some top top goals. Some major twists. 

At the end of the game - even slightly deflated - I just had this feeling that I had been thoroughly entertained and put through an emotional rollercoaster. 

Barca comeback against PSG another highlight but that seemed more infuriating than brilliant. PSG choked it.  Real vs Bayern games very good.  FA Cup final an Chelsea vs Spurs also top notch. City Monaco games too. 

All topped by Brighton away though.