Nabil Bentaleb

joeyt

He ain't really impressed me but for £8.5M or whatever it is, it's probably worth it.

Think it is going to take some time for him to get properly match fit. He hasn't played since last May or something right?

I haven't seen much of him even at Spurs, but I do wonder whether his game will be much different when he is properly match fit. He seems to want to play at his own pace, I prefer all action midfielders like Jordan Henderson. Bentaleb has ability no doubt.

Only really dynamic players work in Bruce's no tactics setup that has no organisation or direction.

There is no one moving to receive the ball in the right areas and then have options available to release the ball to.

It's the reason why we really only ever see St. Maximin and Almiron looking somewhat competent in our team.

It's amazing that outside of Rafa this is who we have been for years now. We made Thauvin, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez, Mitrovic and others all look far worse than they are.

Club is a disaster.

FWIW I think he’s quite good at football.

Yes he has definitely got some ability there. If he can pick the pace up a bit, he could be a player. If he can't then I don't know why we brought him here.

i think we probably needed a peak mo diame type CM personally, physically imposing and capable of getting up and down the pitch with ease, this guy is certainly not that

mannnnn that peak mo diame was something else ffs.

He's had three games after almost a year out. We gave Almiron months and months to sort himself this year, why is Bentaleb for the chopping block so soon?

Almiron was busting a gut from day one. I wouldn't write Bentaleb off yet at all, but he will need to pick it up a bit. Obviously he gets a period of grace for being out for so long.

Occasionally tidy but too casual for the most part. Not involved enough and loses the ball in key plays/areas.

Bit weird letting Ki go only to be served up what hes serving up. Early days but signs aren't really indicating much to be excited about.

There are huge gaps everywhere. We have defenders that then can't find the midfielders with passes, and a forward they cannot link with to allow them to get higher up the pitch.

We might as well just play another 2 centrebacks in midfield. Slot Schar and Lejeune in there and just go full rotten spoiler football.

I thought him and Longstaff were both useless.

Midfielders are pointless in this team.

The ball goes over their heads most of the game, or they struggle to find passing options when they do get the ball.

The ball goes over their heads most of the game, or they struggle to find passing options when they do get the ball.

There was a graphic posted on here the other day showing where teams do the most defending. Unsurprisingly we are the only team in the whole league to do "very little" defending in the whole of the midfield area.  :lol:

There was a graphic posted on here the other day showing where teams do the most defending. Unsurprisingly we are the only team in the whole league to do "very little" defending in the whole of the midfield area.  :lol:

We don't really own any midfield players who are capable of competing in the premier league, certainly not against anyone decent.