Joelinton

Stifler

He's not a target man; surely the scouting team could see this particularly given he didn't play as such last season. Odd.

He's a big lad. Just ask wor Bruce, he did his own scouting on him apparently.

Not adjusting and a rude awakening. Doesn't help there isnt a player within 20 yards of him to support or give him a man on call.

Should have buried that header. Like almiron it's a matter of time until he mentally implodes if he doesn't start scoring.

His hold up play is awful, those defenders would be bouncing off Rondon, he would protect the ball and Joe doesn't look like he knows how to do it.

Whole team looks lost and not sure what the plan is

There's a plan?

If there is I'm trying to work it out. I think it's wing backs to get down line and cross and hope someone is on it. Centre play is awful and the hole team looks disjointed, mind no fucks given either way, I haven't felt angry watching it, kind of want us to lose and can't want us to win that bad. Want my club back and it has to be this way.

He's never a central striker. He's more a wide/loose forward like Allmybangs. He needs the space out wide to use his pace and come in from there. Comparing him to Rondon is silly.

:thup:

Don't know who to compare him to otherwise, he is the replacement after all, you are right they are different players so head coach should be playing to strengths but we'll he's kind of not, other than that he cost £40 mil and can't control the ball, my word it's the same pre-rafa shot again

Joelinton was a young developing player in top flight German league. It's a huge ask to jump up and lead the line instantly in the Premier League. He should have had time to develop and grow. The price tag is part his potential, and partly because any side will try to push for as much cash as possible in a transfer from a Premiership side. It's expected to have some element of fleecing.

He's never a central striker. He's more a wide/loose forward like Allmybangs. He needs the space out wide to use his pace and come in from there. Comparing him to Rondon is silly.

Don't know who to compare him to otherwise, he is the replacement after all, you are right they are different players so head coach should be playing to strengths but we'll he's kind of not, other than that he cost £40 mil and can't control the ball, my word it's the same pre-rafa shot again

You said it yourself. That's precisely why his every move shouldn't be compared to Rondon.

Joelinton was a young developing player in top flight German league. It's a huge ask to jump up and lead the line instantly in the Premier League. He should have had time to develop and grow. The price tag is part his potential, and partly because any side will try to push for as much cash as possible in a transfer from a Premiership side. It's expected to have some element of fleecing.

Would've been a good back up/development player for Rondon. That's probably where God saw him but Charnley and Co. know more about football than Rafa so they'll be right  :cheesy:.

Rafa said £20m max on him. Which is the money most clubs spend on a bench striker. Which is perhaps what Rafa saw him as  :whistle:

Obviously Charnley knows better thought with all the top level football experience he has, why should Rafa question that. Instead let's find a complete knobhead who will sign anything

You said it yourself. That's precisely why his every move shouldn't be compared to Rondon.

Gonna be hard not too when he's been asked to play the same role. Not that it is his fault.

Ironically I reckon if anyone was likely to be able to get the best out of this type of striker, it would have been Rafa. Would probably have utilised him more like Torres rather than Andy Carroll.

Would've been a good back up/development player for Rondon. That's probably where God saw him but Charnley and Co. know more about football than Rafa so they'll be right  :cheesy:.

Aye he was a perfect mid to long term thinking signing. Rondon to lead line for next 2 years, then he finishes career (hopefully) playing backup and letting Joelinton take over. All that mentoring and generally evolving in a Rafa side would have been very good. Being thrown in as first choice striker under Bruce is fucking clueless.

Gonna be hard not too when he's been asked to play the same role. Not that it is his fault.

Just feel for him. Our fan base can turn into cunts when they get on a players' back. And it appears to be happening already because he hasn't got the attributes of Rondon.

It'll be a hoot if Steve locates his nuts and starts leaving Mike's precious little asset on the bench.

Ashley wouldn't give a shit, that money will have been skimmed somewhere. Maybe diverted to the SD emergency fund.