General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Emre is a weird one for me. Always had a soft spot for him as a player when I was younger but looking back I don't like that I did. Similar to Dyer's feelings, you have to think there's no smoke without fire. The number of times he was accused whilst with us, and that the Turkish FA thought it clear-cut enough to make him the first player they punished for racism.

:thup: Got caught up in my general awkward feelings for Emre I (wrongly) didn't even delve in to that side of things. We've always had some shit characters at the club, that's for sure.

Emre is a weird one for me. Always had a soft spot for him as a player when I was younger but looking back I don't like that I did. Similar to Dyer's feelings, you have to think there's no smoke without fire. The number of times he was accused whilst with us, and that the Turkish FA thought it clear-cut enough to make him the first player they punished for racism.

Was Emre accused of being racist more than once whilst he was at us? I can only remember the Yobo incident.

Was Emre accused of being racist more than once whilst he was at us? I can only remember the Yobo incident.

Three times at NUFC. Once at Fener.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emre_Bel%C3%B6zo%C4%9Flu#Controversy

• 2 weeks later...

When I grow up I want to be Laurent Robert. His life seems to be a combination of playing tennis, playing golf, hosting barbecues and he’s now sunning it up in a luxury hotel in Monte Carlo around the pool with his family. Coolest 40 something bloke in the world.

When I grow up I want to be Laurent Robert. His life seems to be a combination of playing tennis, playing golf, hosting barbecues and he’s now sunning it up in a luxury hotel in Monte Carlo around the pool with his family. Coolest 40 something bloke in the world.

He's the boyo but not sure on the scraggy facial hair and haircut.

Just had a quick look on his insta and yes he’s pretty much living the dream. Good on him.

Les Ferdinand scored more goals for Newcastle than spurs.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

41 league / 50 total goals in two seasons at Newcastle and 33 league / 39 total in five and a half seasons at Spurs.

Also, I reckon the 12 PL goals he scored in his season at Leicester (his best season after leaving us), could well be a record for someone his age? He turned 37 during that season.

Alan Oliver rates this lifestyle a 5.

Just had a quick look on his insta and yes he’s pretty much living the dream. Good on him.

Still only the second coolest Frenchman we've had playing for us.

Guest neesy111

Always interested to see what he’d have been like if he’d stayed. Remember a game where he played sweeper at Highbury and we drew 0-0, he was class. Might have been his last game for us even. Karelse & Marcelino even played well that day.

Yeah, Dumas looked good

On the topic of random defenders, does anyone know why Helder wasn't more of a success here? Established international who played for top clubs, but didn't make an impact here.

I thought he was good :dontknow: looks like he might have been quite injury prone though.

This is how I remember him. Injury prone but good when fit. Did score quite a few goals if I remember correctly.

I thought he was good :dontknow: looks like he might have been quite injury prone though.

This is how I remember him. Injury prone but good when fit. Did score quite a few goals if I remember correctly.

Score one for us (Sunderland). Unless you meant he scored a few in his career.

Score one for us (Sunderland). Unless you meant he scored a few in his career.

Really :lol: Maybe I've just seen the same goal scored over and over again. It was a while back though..