Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I got the lifetime stuff in the hope that organisation would mean strength and I told myself the fan stake model is worth a bit of initial flannel. I get no sense of endgame in correspondence. I know good people who are part of it and as anti ashley they come but none of that gives us much enthusiasm I must admit.

So the Trust are working with the club to:

Make it easier to buy tickets online

Make the loyalty points scheme more rewarding

Encourage more general sales

Encourage more away ticket sales

Encourage more ticket sales to ethnic minorities and 'new' 'fans'

If you're a person who believes that fan attitude should be represented by protest and wholesale avoidance (as opposed to free sales/marketing advice and accessibility problem-solving), you'd probably feel that the Trust can go and get royally fucked.

They're clearly satisfied with the club's attitude towards actual sporting competition. Few niggles from the point of view of the club being an events product, mind. Need to make sure it's as easy as possible for those ravenous consumers to consume.

Utterly useless in any fight against Ashley. Wish they didn't exist at this point.

Guest The Little Waster

If you're a person who believes that fan attitude should be represented by protest and wholesale avoidance (as opposed to free sales/marketing advice and accessibility problem-solving), you'd probably feel that the Trust can go and get royally fucked.

They're clearly satisfied with the club's attitude towards actual sporting competition. Few niggles from the point of view of the club being an events product, mind. Need to make sure it's as easy as possible for those ravenous consumers to consume.

Utterly useless in any fight against Ashley. Wish they didn't exist at this point.

At this point they are the enemy

Seems to me they somewhat hoodwinked a lot of people to join back when tensions were running high. Disappointing, and Mike would be proud, but they’ll claim they covered themselves by bleating on a bit saying they’re not a protest group. Can’t remember how much this was mentioned during that period albeit.

It’s a bit of a slap in the chops to those who want Ashley starved of income mind. No surprise though.

Seems to me they somewhat hoodwinked a lot of people to join back when tensions were running high. Disappointing, and Mike would be proud, but they’ll claim they covered themselves by bleating on a bit saying they’re not a protest group. Can’t remember how much this was mentioned during that period albeit.

It’s a bit of a slap in the chops to those who want Ashley starved of income mind. No surprise though.

I'll retract what I said about wishing they didn't exist because clearly they help and support with important things in the community like the food bank, but I find their attitude towards the club infuriating.

It was clear at the time that using Rafa’s departure to get new members was completely disingenuous. Like I said back then, the only valuable thing for any NUFC fan to do is attempt to remove Ashley by not going to games. And it would be very powerful for the supporters trust to publicly say that the club is not worth engaging with.

Why they won’t is a slight mystery.

From what I can tell, it's because the people who are making key decisions regarding the direction of the Trust don't recognise the club in the same way the majority of the most vocal people on this forum do. To them, there's still a club there in the traditional sense, needing improvement. To you and I, the very institution has long gone.

Guest The Little Waster

It was clear at the time that using Rafa’s departure to get new members was completely disingenuous. Like I said back then, the only valuable thing for any NUFC fan to do is attempt to remove Ashley by not going to games. And it would be very powerful for the supporters trust to publicly say that the club is not worth engaging with.

Why they won’t is a slight mystery.

Its because the likes of Wraith ( previously ) , Hurst etc only ever wanted to get their feet under the table at NUFC and boost their own egos

Guest The Little Waster

From what I can tell, it's because the people who are making key decisions regarding the direction of the Trust don't recognise the club in the same way the majority of the most vocal people on this forum do. To them, there's still a club there in the traditional sense, needing improvement. To you and I, the very institution has long gone.

Thought it was supposed to be democratic and fan led not have policy cooked up by a handful of ginks ?

So is this the only official engagement the fans have with the club now?

The fans forum was hardly doing much to put any pressure on the club but f*ck me, this just looks like NUST aren’t bothered one bit about getting rid of Ashley.

Guest Howaythetoon

if the whole fans own 51% rule ever comes into england, It'll definitely be these ashley loving spicks who get the 51% wouldn't it?

errm.

Mexicans  :smitten:

signed up to this mob in the summer.  Post Rafa rage coupled with a moment of weakness.  Thought unified voice etc.  Would be able to go after the 'issues' at the club more fully.  Maybe it was mis-sold or I didn't read the small print but not very impressed so far.  Lots of talk about behind the scenes and re-flogging this fan ownership pish.  Wasn't expecting them to lead an assault on the gates on barrack road but thought they'd at least be a bit more 'vocal' at getting in the club's face.  Seems you get sent a poll via email and that's it.

might as well have become an official member on the clubs website. 

If you don't like their spineless approach, cancel your membership to stop them being able to parade around as if they are representative of the real fan base. At present they get to say "look at us we have 10,000+ signed up members, please can we help you mike with more free ticket and mug giveaways".