Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Sky Sports' Paul Merson: "I personally don't think he will. If you're Newcastle, you might spend £200m and it still might not break you into the top six. It probably wouldn't, so why would you keep on spending now if you were Ashley?

"The name of the game for Newcastle is to minimise spending and to stay in the league. It's all well and good saying you need to show ambition, but how much is that going to cost? £300m? £400m? Arsenal are eighth!

"If you're the owner of a club and no one likes you there, are you going to spend £400m to move you up two more places? If it doesn't go right, you could get relegated.

"When Rafa Benitez left, the feeling was that Newcastle would struggle but Steve Bruce has done an unbelievable job. But if I was Ashley, I wouldn't be spending the sort of money needed to just become a top-half team."

Hell of an insight, Ignore the likes of wolves and Leicester, lets just give up!!

Sky Sports' Paul Merson: "I personally don't think he will. If you're Newcastle, you might spend £200m and it still might not break you into the top six. It probably wouldn't, so why would you keep on spending now if you were Ashley?

"The name of the game for Newcastle is to minimise spending and to stay in the league. It's all well and good saying you need to show ambition, but how much is that going to cost? £300m? £400m? Arsenal are eighth!

"If you're the owner of a club and no one likes you there, are you going to spend £400m to move you up two more places? If it doesn't go right, you could get relegated.

"When Rafa Benitez left, the feeling was that Newcastle would struggle but Steve Bruce has done an unbelievable job. But if I was Ashley, I wouldn't be spending the sort of money needed to just become a top-half team."

Hell of an insight, Ignore the likes of wolves and Leicester, lets just give up!!

Ignoring the fact that we need to spend money just to stop being the worst team in the league.

Merson's a fucking prick, always has been. Spent years blaming others for his problems when he's had nothing but support from them. Man's a cunt.