If we go down ...

Guest The Little Waster

The only genuine class players we have on our books are the keeper and the centre backs. The rest could all be replaced by other players good enough for the championship.

Anyway, if Bruce is still here, we would be staying in the championship regardless of who we sign. The only way out with him in charge is another relegation to the third division.

Almiron is international class, just shit under Bruce.

It is literally impossible to really know how good any of our players are currently.

Every single player thread after each game is full of comments saying how shite all our players are.

Makes me laugh so much. No one is playing well and no one looks up to it. It's absolutely crazy.

We an certainly remember how some of them performed under Rafa. Gets on my tits when people whinge about players being shit, when the difference is so blatantly obvious.

Not bothered tbh because I'd be done as well.

But ASM, Almiron, Schar, Dubravka and S Longstaff will be out. The rest (Ritchie, Lascelles, Hayden, Gayle, Shelvey etc) will be good at that level.

£40m Joelinton will stay because, even if we tried cutting our losses on him, we'd not even get £20m for him.

Its not a question if the club gets relegated again, its a question of when. Newcastle have reverted back to the past failures before Benitez arrived so its just a matter of time before it blows up in the clubs face again.

I don't think it will be easy to get out of the Championship like the previous two times. Everything fell perfectly in place for Benitez and Hughton to get promoted. Lets get one thing straight, Ashley did not spend big to get out of the Championship after relegation, its a complete myth. Another thing to consider is only Newcastle and Burnley have managed to go straight back up after relegation in the last 10 years so its not as simple as throwing money at it as Villa and Stoke have shown.

With Hughton, Ashley was lucky he was still on the payroll because nobody wanted to go near the job and Newcastle also managed to retain a strong core of the squad that went down. He managed to unite the dressing and foster a really good team spirit. Ashley didn't spend much at all just some cheap transfers and that's about it. The Championship was fairly weak back then as well so Ashley was fortunate that things worked in Newcastle's favour that not many teams that get relegated get.

Benitez was similar to Hughton except the Championship was stronger and there was higher expectation for Newcastle to go straight back up. Again Ashley didn't spend big at all from his own pocket, Newcastle made around £80 million in players and most of it went into buying players. Benitez like Hughton managed to unite a broken club and dressing and create a really strong spirit to propel Newcastle to promotion. Once again everything fell perfectly in place for Newcastle to bounce straight back up.

I doubt Ashley will be lucky enough for this to happen a third time. We would probably have struggled similar to Villa if Benitez didn't approach Ashley to give him the job in the first place.

Who would leave ?

Hopefully Ashley.

Beyond that I don't give a single s***.

If we get relegated....

nobody should really care. Promotion, relegation, wins, losses, staying up - none of it matters and everybody knows it if they thought about it for a minute. The only person that benefits from us being in the PL is Ashley and Ashley benefits to the same tune as the club loses. So stuff it.

We know what being in the premier league will beget us and its intolerable and unacceptable to many of us. As the above poster says. I'll take my chances on the unknown because with this club its knowing what the future is that's the scary thing. This, comatosed NUFC until Ashley dies.

Its a bad stat. But stats under the c**t should be expunged anyway because its not like we've put up a fight been in genuine competition, we've been like the breaking-down Oliver McCall of football for 13years.

If Bruce keeps the job after going down [emoji38]

Sherwood to save the day. I don't think we're big enough for Warnock.

If Joe Kinnear is the best coach Mike Ashley has ever worked with, then Tony Pulis is the best coach Mike Ashley has never worked with.

:anguish:

Remember when they 'analysed' the data and came to the conclusion that you were more likely to be relegated if you got to a cup final or something?  :lol:

How could I forget. I mean what club doesn't 'commission research' on why it's best not to compete.

When asked at the meeting whether the club not think it is worth a cup run next season?

The reply was "The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated).

"Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average."

Remember when they 'analysed' the data and came to the conclusion that you were more likely to be relegated if you got to a cup final or something?  :lol:

How could I forget. I mean what club doesn't 'commission research' on why it's best not to compete.

When asked at the meeting whether the club not think it is worth a cup run next season?

The reply was "The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated).

"Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average."

That's the fella  :lol: :lol:

Erm, Yeah.

Fuckin' 'ell. We're still in the cup. Completely slipped my mind.

Imagine if we get to the final and get relegated. Mixed emotions for Ashley, ego satisfied that he was right all along, but finances taking a hit.