Newcastle United vs West Ham United - 01/12/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

ToonArmy1892

Reading Facebook and Twitter, this 11 minute walk in will fall flat on its face. Just too many people saying "yeah great, after 3 wins in a row what a way to support the team by coming in late".

Idiots. Wish I'd just kept the link so you could all read all the comments.

Reading Facebook and Twitter, this 11 minute walk in will fall flat on its face. Just too many people saying "yeah great, after 3 wins in a row what a way to support the team by coming in late".

Idiots. Wish I'd just kept the link so you could all read all the comments.

TBH, I think it's fairly debatable whether these protests going ahead will be good for the movement or not. Don't get me wrong here, I think getting a stark message across before January is very important but the fact that these protests may well fall flat on their arses, I don't think it'll be good for the group as a whole. Rich[/member] made a very good point on this.

Agreed. We need Rafa to come out and publicly say he cannot support a boycott, frame it as giving Ashley "one last chance" in PR terms.

If the group just cancel the protests (for whatever reason) it's still not a good look, but if word could be passed on to Rafa to make a specific statement on the boycott then it takes the heat off TMG and means they're "forced" to cancel it in order to support the team in a crucial home game.

If things go well in January TMG can take partial credit for that, if they don't then it'll reignite the passion for in-ground protest action. It's a win-win.

Currently staring down the barrel of another PR disaster, otherwise.

weren't the ashley out flyers handed out at a match this season a failure too? my son said he saw not one being held up at any time?

West Ham are capable of being hammered 3/4-0, but are also capable of beating teams by the same margin. With their best player potentially missing for the game, and the way we're playing I'm absolutely going for a home win. Crowd should be well up for it from the off (perhaps a tick in the box for take your seat for KO and encourage a quick start and early goal again).

3-1 Newcastle.

Reckon Rondon will have a field day against their 2 central defenders. Pretty weak in that area and particularly in the air are West Ham where as I really think they’ll struggle to score.

Hopefully he'll be better than he was against Burnley then.

Reckon Rondon will have a field day against their 2 central defenders. Pretty weak in that area and particularly in the air are West Ham where as I really think they’ll struggle to score.

Hopefully he'll be better than he was against Burnley then.

Yeah I agree after his heady heights (no pun intended) against Bournemouth, he wasn’t very influential at Burnley - however Burnley are decent in the air at the back & West Ham struggle in that area from what I’ve seen. Could cause a lot of problems for them if he’s up for it.

Don't care who's fit for them, even at full strength, we should be looking to beat them at home.

We're getting better on the ball game on game, and our defence is always capable of keeping out a team if we're focused.

Looking forward to this, obviously not going as I won't give Ashley money, but I'm still enjoying the team playing well.