General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Finding the Pod on the Tyne a really tough listen. I find Taylor Payne just comes across as a casual fan with his knowledge of football. I know the pod is free but I pay for the Athletic for the superior and in depth analysis.

Guest godzilla

Finding the Pod on the Tyne a really tough listen. I find Taylor Payne just comes across as a casual fan with his knowledge of football. I know the pod is free but I pay for the Athletic for the superior and in depth analysis.

It's absolute shit, not one thing mentioned concerning the takeover unless I fell asleep during it (maybe). Least said about Taylor Payne's hosting the better.

I wish all podcasts were like the Totally Football one, where in the description it divides the audio up into chapters, meaning you can skip to the bits you're actually interested in listening to. I get why they don't, cos they want you to listen to all of it, but I just end up listening to none of it (in the case of Pod on the Tyne). I can't be bothered listening to the wackiness and, tbh, even less so any takeover chat or discussion about the current team/Steve Bruce. The more nostalgic pieces they've done, and interviews with players like Aaron Hughes, have been a really good listen. There's a Steve Howey one which I need to listen to but, like I say, I cba skipping through to find the good bits lol x

It's absolute shit, not one thing mentioned concerning the takeover unless I fell asleep during it (maybe). Least said about Taylor Payne's hosting the better.

Absolutely. He's diabolical.

If the Athletic ever critically review their content then they'll know he has to go.

From the Athletic - never knew that about Remy!

https://theathletic.co.uk/1896993/2020/06/30/michael-edwards-liverpool-premier-league-jurgen-klopp-sporting-director/

Luis Suarez had been sold to Barcelona and, with a week to go before the new season, a training-ground match had made it painfully clear that Rickie Lambert was short of the level Liverpool wanted. Balotelli was available. Samuel Eto’o, too. Loic Remy had failed a medical and Rodgers cranked up the pressure internally.

Guest chopey

They've got a half price subscription offer on at the Athletic which expires at midnight tonight. I've just signed up for £29.99 for the year.

You won't be disappointing, its excellent.

Listened to the latest podcast just to hear the latest state of play regarding the takeover

Although Matt Slater was definitely an informative listen, I couldn't help but feel a little irritated at some of the remarks.

The question as to why the Saudis would target us as an acquisition instead of Man United for instance, didn't seem to accurately reflect how unwilling the Glazers appear to be in selling. The same applies to the other dominant teams in the league

Furthermore, the conclusion that the Saudis could easily compromise in the current situation, seems a total misreading of the wider geopolitical context. Even if there was some kind of effort there, surely the extent of political will involved, would inevitably be tempered because of everything else going on in this dispute.

Caulkin falling back on his 'no red flags' rhetoric was plainly ridiculous as well, considering these issues

I could be just interpreting this all the wrong way, but having listened to it, I really just don't see how this situation can be resolved in a positive manner

The takeover seems to be have been irrevocably placed within the scope of this geopolitical war

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chopey

The Athletic are doing a daily Premier League great for 60 days - first two have been excellent - Sir Les and Carragher!

Thanks for putting me onto The Athletic its a cracking read, I then go and read Ryder in the Chronicle (his article on Paul Dalglish was 200 words of his) its like reading a 12 year old.

The Athletic are doing a daily Premier League great for 60 days - first two have been excellent - Sir Les and Carragher!

Thanks for putting me onto The Athletic its a cracking read, I then go and read Ryder in the Chronicle (his article on Paul Dalglish was 200 words of his) its like reading a 12 year old.

Ha ha no bother pal!