General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

don’t disagree too much with what has been said tbh. That’s not really the point though is it? Bruce is a yes man. He’ll be happy to not have any real say on anything at the club, not being able to take the club forward with his vision. He also probably doesn’t really have much of a vision.

We need a vision, more than anything else. We need long term planning, infrastructural changes. A complete review and change of the club is required. There is literally no one else in the world I would want more to do that job than Rafa Benitez.

I tried to play devils advocate with Douglas earlier and when I got a reply got straight to the point about Ashley, surprisingly he got quiet. Not an ounce of backbone between them. I had the Ashley conversation with Edwards also, who admitted he was the real issue but again wouldn't elaborate on the issue. Journalism is dead in this country.

I tried to play devils advocate with Douglas earlier and when I got a reply got straight to the point about Ashley, surprisingly he got quiet. Not an ounce of backbone between them. I had the Ashley conversation with Edwards also, who admitted he was the real issue but again wouldn't elaborate on the issue. Journalism is dead in this country.

Yep. It really pisses me off. We're unlikely to go down so therefore there isn't an issue. None of them, maybe with the exception of Craig Hope and possibly Caulkin, are prepared to continue sticking the boot in where the hierarchy is concerned.

They also fail to see that we're continuing to bounce along from game to game with no real plan in place.

I can't get over the narrative of yesterday's game. We scored a late winner and some of them are going on like it was a well-deserved three points and all is well. If that hadn't gone in, the story should very much have been that while we were happy to get a point, we were absolutely vile offensively.

Yep. It really pisses me off. We're unlikely to go down so therefore there isn't an issue. None of them, maybe with the exception of Craig Hope and possibly Caulkin, are prepared to continue sticking the boot in where the hierarchy is concerned.

They also fail to see that we're continuing to bounce along from game to game with no real plan in place.

I can't get over the narrative of yesterday's game. We scored a late winner and some of them are going on like it was a well-deserved three points and all is well. If that hadn't gone in, the story should very much have been that while we were happy to get a point, we were absolutely vile offensively.

Spot on!!  Just finished listening to the TF podcast.  Fuck me!  :huff:

:lol: :lol: :lol: This Q&A with Ryder, man.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-17609247

Absolute drivel. No insight whatsoever.

Q: What has happened to Sean Longstaff this season? His form has gone backwards.

LR: Sean sets high standards and will be striving to improve them. We should be patient with Sean though.

He’s a good player with lots of attributes.

Form is temporary, quality is permanent

Thanks Lee :thup:

Guest neesy111

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-17609247

Q: What has happened to Sean Longstaff this season? His form has gone backwards.

LR: Sean sets high standards and will be striving to improve them. We should be patient with Sean though.

:spit:

what i love about the athletic (not on the content) is that you have a genuine dialogue with the writers. I have had a chance to interact with Waugh and Caulkin multiple times and do really enjoy that back & forth with them.

If anything, the quality was temporary. He's not played often enough for the 'class is permanent' spiel :lol:

what i love about the athletic (not on the content) is that you have a genuine dialogue with the writers. I have had a chance to interact with Waugh and Caulkin multiple times and do really enjoy that back & forth with them.

:thup:

I slagged Waugh off the other day and Caulkin out of nowhere leapt to his defence. Was like being told off by your favourite teacher.

I really respect Waugh's opinion and his commitment to interacting with the subscribers - we've genuinely had some really good dialogue and PMs on Twitter discussing all things Newcastle on and off the pitch (business side too) and he really tries to thoroughly answer everything. I'm hopeful he's enjoying this gig at Athletic because it's easily the best sports platform I've known in some time. Between the plethora of articles on different teams, tactics, historical events, etc. to the Q&A stuff.

Meh. If you believe the only topic worth discussing is how to destroy Mike Ashley, you'd have less time for Waugh and Caulkin. Not talking about the day to day, praising Bruce and occasionally saying 'Ashley is shit.'

Sadly it's not realistic so you can't get angry at them for it. They're worlds away from the Chronicle obviously.