Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

World football’s law-makers are set to extend the temporary rule allowing teams to make five substitutes in a game, rather than three, for all of next season.

Will completely ruin the game

Hyperbole much?  :lol:

World football’s law-makers are set to extend the temporary rule allowing teams to make five substitutes in a game, rather than three, for all of next season.

Maybe a little aye :lol:

When each team are potentially changing half their outfield players in a game I’m just gonna lose interest. It just puts me in mind of a friendly and how the game tends to die out when a load of subs are made.

secondary and obv less important as a betting man, markets like goalscorers, players carded etc are gonna be less of an interest as it’s now more than likely a player will be subbed early

I can understand the 5 subs just now because of 3 games in a week just now, other than I just don’t see the need

Maybe a little aye :lol:

When each team are potentially changing half their outfield players in a game I’m just gonna lose interest. It just puts me in mind of a friendly and how the game tends to die out when a load of subs are made.

secondary and obv less important as a betting man, markets like goalscorers, players carded etc are gonna be less of an interest as it’s now more than likely a player will be subbed early

I can understand the 5 subs just now because of 3 games in a week just now, other than I just don’t see the need

tbh it might be necessary next season too, they have to try and fit in a full season before around the middle of may with the euros coming up after and they're going to be starting a month late (probably) and thats without a proper preseason or even much of a break after this season ends. Theres going to be a lot of midweek games for all teams and then theres the european competitions for some teams and god help them if theres a second wave

yeah thats not going away and neither is the "water break" (which actually I don't mind so much)

Will be used for ads when it's fully established.

I think this is will be the case.

Presumably the drinks break is because we're playing over the summer. Fair enough. But can they not just look at the temperature pre-match and if it's not 20+ sack it off?

• 2 weeks later...

Crowds maybe allowed back in stadia from October. Wonder if the Premier & Football Leagues May just delay the restarts by a month?

can't really with the euros as a hard deadline to finish the season

The subs thing is interesting, rather it stay at 3 but if we’re doing this in the view of health and safety fair enough. Don’t care at all about water breaks. Prob makes sense to keep it tbh.

So whaddo we reckon about letting crowds back in, then? The risk seems manageable providing the numbers are significantly reduced to enable social distancing? 10k per game at SJP, for instance? Suppose it's everything associated with the game, rather than the game itself, which represents the biggest risk, I suppose - getting to the ground, congregating, etc.

need a ban away fans.

ticket holders get priority.

ST holders from the same household could sit together.

thats still going to leave unhappy fans even if only just over 17k are let in.

if the takeover falls through, it wont be an issue.