David Squires

joeyt

Squires can fuck off with that like. No need to show pictures of Keegan, Tino and Milburn celebrating and link them to Saudi human rights violations.

Agreed. Very poor taste I thought and I'm a big fan of his.

Come on now, they're going to be linked with us for as long as they are owning the club. I think the cartoon does a great job highlighting it. For millions of people the first thing they now think of when Newcastle gets mentioned is Saudi Arabia.

Squires can fuck off with that like. No need to show pictures of Keegan, Tino and Milburn celebrating and link them to Saudi human rights violations.

Come on now, they're going to be linked with us for as long as they are owning the club. I think the cartoon does a great job highlighting it. For millions of people the first thing they now think of when Newcastle gets mentioned is Saudi Arabia.

Is it balls

What do you thinks going to happen once the sale has gone through? Anyway he's not linking them he's counter pointing our past against our very soon to be present.

He's spot on.

So just to get this straight, we're adding previously adored cartoonist David Squires and Amnesty fucking International to the shit list. :lol:

InsistentImpressiveKawala-size_restricted.gif

I fully expected the thread title to be renamed something like "David Squires: Sometime funnyman"

Totally get why and raises very valid points but our own government have been supporting them for years. I know of a few people who have and currently are working out there and the perception we are given of the Saudis are totally different to what we have been force fed. They love the place and the people. This regime is trying to be more progressive then any other in their history. They are raised in a totally different culture since the year dot so of course we don't agree with alot of their actions.

Our own government has murdered people all over the world and still do on a huge unethical scale. Christ, we currently do all we can to kill off and demonise our own poor people. Not to mention the overt racism ingrained from the Royals, Government and the police.

Murderous horrible rich people are global and are behind all major industry along with football clubs. It's the world we live in.

Squires can f*** off with that like. No need to show pictures of Keegan, Tino and Milburn celebrating and link them to Saudi human rights violations.

Is it balls

It definitely is, will be in the future anyway

According to the reports, Newcastle have gone from Premier League peasants to possibly the richest club in the world based on the investment interests of a regime that most Western people view as a terroristic and murderous regime (even if their government's actions speak differently). You should get used to seeing content like this from your favourite football writers, personalities, and media content creators.

According to the reports, Newcastle have gone from Premier League peasants to possibly the richest club in the world based on the investment interests of a regime that most Western people view as a terroristic and murderous regime (even if their government's actions speak differently). You should get used to seeing content like this from your favourite football writers, personalities, and media content creators.

It’ll die down once there’s football again. You don’t hear this debate after Man City win a trophy.

“Some have expressed concern about the famous old club being reduced to a PR vessel for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but legitimising a murderous regime is the price you pay if your favourite team is going to sign Julian Draxler.”

“Put down those bees, mush. That sweet honey is Mike’s.”

:lol:

Totally get why and raises very valid points but our own government have been supporting them for years. I know of a few people who have and currently are working out there and the perception we are given of the Saudis are totally different to what we have been force fed. They love the place and the people. This regime is trying to be more progressive then any other in their history. They are raised in a totally different culture since the year dot so of course we don't agree with alot of their actions.

Our own government has murdered people all over the world and still do on a huge unethical scale. Christ, we currently do all we can to kill off and demonise our own poor people. Not to mention the overt racism ingrained from the Royals, Government and the police.

Murderous horrible rich people are global and are behind all major industry along with football clubs. It's the world we live in.

This is just so true. The UK has clean hands? Afghanistan? Iraq? Belize? Syria? Not to mention S.Africa, India etc. Etc. Plus no the systematic abuse of the NHS. If this was a London Club, all would be fine.

I suppose it is anti-Semitic to point out that despite all of the things mentioned in the cartoon, Israel is increasingly cosying up to Saudi Arabia.

Should the things mentioned in the cartoon change the way we look upon Israel, or only the way we look upon Newcastle United Football Club?

• 1 month later...

Unpopular opinion alert.

Switched off from these, made the mistake of clicking the link for the latest one. '...forget that Christian Pulisic even existed'. Really? The most talented American kid of the past 20 years, possibly of all time, who signed for Chelsea. Closed tab at that point. Who does he think his audience is, exactly?

Maybe Squires forgot he existed whilst trying to balance the political direction of the newspaper with football whilst dealing with the inconvenient truth that the wealth that built the company that pays him was largely generated from the backs of cotton pickers. I'm sure some of the frames are comedic in isolation, but after he burst onto the scene with a very authentic, purely football-driven approach (which was pretty much universally heralded), it quickly seemed to become yet another propaganda vehicle for the newspaper's larger agenda with football being the setting, rather than the subject.

Unpopular opinion alert.

Switched off from these, made the mistake of clicking the link for the latest one. '...forget that Christian Pulisic even existed'. Really? The most talented American kid of the past 20 years, possibly of all time, who signed for Chelsea. Closed tab at that point. Who does he think his audience is, exactly?

Maybe Squires forgot he existed whilst trying to balance the political direction of the newspaper with football whilst dealing with the inconvenient truth that the wealth that built the company that pays him was largely generated from the backs of cotton pickers. I'm sure some of the frames are comedic in isolation, but after he burst onto the scene with a very authentic, purely football-driven approach (which was pretty much universally heralded), it quickly seemed to become yet another propaganda vehicle for the newspaper's larger agenda with football being the setting, rather than the subject.

Thank you for taking on the outrage among us forum Yanks

Unpopular opinion alert.

Tbh I'd completely forgotten he existed like

Unpopular opinion alert.

Thank you for taking on the outrage among us forum Yanks

Ameritoon[/member] , tbh I never even thought of it that way, though now you point it out, it does seem like an angry American has written it :lol:. I had just found it hard to fathom that most people who follow the Premier League would forget about him, then bowlingcrofty[/member] turns up and disproves my entire rant-driven point :lol: