Achraf Lazaar leaves NUFC by mutual consent

Disco

To be fair I think it’s worth a shot at giving him another chance. I can’t really say he was massively disappointing when he did play for us, just seemed to have one of those games where the ball just kept bouncing away from him.

To be fair I think it’s worth a shot at giving him another chance. I can’t really say he was massively disappointing when he did play for us, just seemed to have one of those games where the ball just kept bouncing away from him.

Where would he play? He's not going to replace Dummett, and seems even Manquillo is preferred as a RB which is our weakest part of the back four IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Included in the 25 man squad.

Full squad list

Atsu, Clark, Darlow, Diame, Dubravka, Dummett, Elliot, Fernandez, Hayden, Joselu, Kenedy, Ki, Lascelles, Lazaar, Lejeune, Manquillo, Murphy, Muto, Perez, Ritchie, Rondon, Schar, Shelvey, Sterry, Yedlin.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-place-rolando-aarons-25-15108080

Its a bit of a depressing list to read. :lol:

I think back to my younger years when I often looked at the squad list and though so-and-so are the only players I'd like to keep if I was a manager with £xxxM (probably due to CM/FM :lol:). There were always quite a few players I would like to keep. Today it is only 1 in Lascelles. The only others, if the imaginary budget does not allow for a full replacement, would be Dubravka and Shelvey.

Full squad list

Atsu, Clark, Darlow, Diame, Dubravka, Dummett, Elliot, Fernandez, Hayden, Joselu, Kenedy, Ki, Lascelles, Lazaar, Lejeune, Manquillo, Murphy, Muto, Perez, Ritchie, Rondon, Schar, Shelvey, Sterry, Yedlin.

I make it 13 PL level players.  Not good players or great players, just good enough to be at a PL team.

Full squad list

I make it 13 PL level players.  Not good players or great players, just good enough to be at a PL team.

Leaving out Ki who has averaged 25 games per season for last six seasons in the Prem?

I would judge any player PL standard if we could find a Premier league buyer if we put them up for sale. I reckon Diame would find a taker, maybe Hayden as well from that list if the Brighton interest was solid.

Of course Diame is PL standard. :lol: He was absolutely unreal during the second half of last season. He'll never recapture that sort of form and I wouldn't really want him first choice in an ideal world, but he's easily PL standard.

Not convinced by Diame. He had a good 4 months but it’s out of keeping with his first year and a half and how he’s started this season.

He's played in the PL 7 seasons. He was good at Wigan and West Ham and was tremendous last season.