Achraf Lazaar leaves NUFC by mutual consent

Disco

Had his shot gone in v Hull you'd have all been talking about his end product for 7 pages being tops. Absence from team either makes people think players are s*** or GOAT. Get balanced peoples.

New player to a new country/new league/new team plays two matches of football and doesn't have a stormer - you have to be disappointed and expect more! It's the way the world is now!

Had his shot gone in v Hull you'd have all been talking about his end product for 7 pages being tops. Absence from team either makes people think players are s*** or GOAT. Get balanced peoples.

But what if the balanced view was that he was poor as he misplaced an incredible amount of passes and lost out in a lot of tackles? Which he did.

IMO, Dummet is underrated by some simply because he's come through our ranks. Some people seem to be labelling him and thinking of him as poor simply based on opinions of when he first broke into the side and was admittedly dodgy. Now, he's a very solid defensive left back and I'm more than happy with him to start for us in this league. Having a defensive winger ahead of him doesn't help the team though (e.g. Gouffran).

IMO, Dummet is underrated by some simply because he's come through our ranks. Some people seem to be labelling him and thinking of him as poor simply based on opinions of when he first broke into the side and was admittedly dodgy. Now, he's a very solid defensive left back and I'm more than happy with him to start for us in this league. Having a defensive winger ahead of him doesn't help the team though (e.g. Gouffran).

While fairly true his form has dropped off and he was awful last night, and needs dropping as it stands.

Disagree think he is a terrible player who offers nothing going forward and is caught out time and time again with the ball over the top. Can't really judge Lazaar as he has not played at all much.

He must be awful in training for Dummett to still start ahead of him.

As poor as Dummett was last night (as was Anita as they got in behind us down both flanks constantly) what I saw of Lazaar live against Wolves did not inspire me with any confidence at all, he was awful.

Dummett is poor, no idea why people think he is defensively solid, he is constantly caught out of position and he offers absolute nothing going forward, in fact he is a hindrance as it takes him an age to control the ball and then he hoofs it aimlessly forward or passes back to Clark using up precious time.

He must be awful in training for Dummett to still start ahead of him.

As poor as Dummett was last night (as was Anita as they got in behind us down both flanks constantly) what I saw of Lazaar live against Wolves did not inspire me with any confidence at all, he was awful.

True he was poor against Wolves, he'll have to get used to English football so gets a bit of leeway from us for now surely. Although i would say Lazaar should be pushing a very poor Dummett from the team by now, but Rafa probably thinks he's not doing enough in training to deserve starting. That and Rafa is very cautious when introducing players to his system (Lazaar been here long enough though for that not to be a factor now imo).

• 4 weeks later...

Been impressed with him lately. Feel its time to get Paully or Gouff out and him in.

Won't be a moment too soon. We are desperate for some pace or flair from wide positions. Yedlin made a difference yesterday, we could do with something similar on the other flank.

• 1 month later...