Lee Charnley

Dave

Gulp ... Was kind of encouraged by the statement :undecided:

I like what was said about the new man's philosophy running through the club.

Think it's pretty clear we won't be getting a complete oaf in, which is a relief for me at least.

If they follow through with it then they'll get credit for it. At the minute it's just words on a screen and they've got a proven track record of spouting utter lies and pigshit to pacify the fanbase. Don't talk about it - do it.

Well I'm clearly in a minority here but I think the statement takes us forward a little.  Of course some of what he says is hardly credible, every club must have a resilience plan to see out an emergency and replacing AP must have been a consideration. On the player side of things he is clearly saying we can survive until the summer. Likewise on the Head Coach front. Many may disagree with his analysis but at least he has come out and begun to clarify the position as seen inside the club. I think the Coach role is a positive contribution to get value from Carr's players and even can see an Anita dig at Pardew when he says that there is no point buying players if they are not picked. For sure actions are louder than words but accountability only comes once you have outlined some sort of plan. So for me making any statement was a first step on a long road. (Puts helmet on)

The statement was littered with the usual spin but I don't disagree with what you've said there, in principle. Until that long road is dotted with fulfilled promises and at least a vague representation of on-field success, he remains a corporate, transparent member of the regime.

Gulp ... Was kind of encouraged by the statement :undecided:

I like what was said about the new man's philosophy running through the club.

Think it's pretty clear we won't be getting a complete oaf in, which is a relief for me at least.

If they follow through with it then they'll get credit for it. At the minute it's just words on a screen and they've got a proven track record of spouting utter lies and pigshit to pacify the fanbase. Don't talk about it - do it.

It would be unreal to hire an idiot after that statement.

We know for a fact that Carr is heavily involved now. We also know it won't be another oaf that refuses to use the players, and doesn't have any real philosophy on the game.

If they hire someone naff after stating all that I'll be stunned.

Just praying we can get someone in this month.

Seriously, how can any of us take what Charnley has to say as the truth?!

The whole fucking lot of this statement fucking stinks man. Seriously...what. the. fuck?!

We are on 27 points, 9 less than at this stage last season.

If we have the same form as last season (baring other teams results in mind) we would still stay up by 7 points. (Very quick, rough estimate.)

That is literally how the club look at this season, now.

What they seem to fail to realise, is that momentum can be key, and presently we have the most momentum in the Premier League. Only we're one of the few teams who are stuck in reverse. Fuck me if these cunts built a car the gear box would be like this:

R6  R4  R2

Neutral

R5  R3  R1

We're on a shit run of form, we have been beaten by our rivals (again), knocked out both cups and our best players are being touted about with moves to other clubs. The one bit of the statement which everyone knows is true is that they will gladly sell our key players in this month. So in a fucking tiny squad, with no manager, the only thing we're looking to do is weaken for financial gain...because simply we don't get value for money in this transfer window, they can rip other peoples eyes out, and we're already safe in their mind.

That, they pretty much say in that statement. To even mention replacements and trusting they will get them is just a fucking insult.

They don't need a full-time permanent appointment yet for the same reason. So if they can skimp by on John Carver they will, if it makes the end appointment any cheaper.

Communication with the fans will continue through the fan forums seemingly, and this is a fucking joke in itself, because from odd's and sods I have read and heard, any time they are properly challenged they either spout shite or remove people from the forum meetings. Signing communication will be silent as always. Profit figures will be released, prepared with glorified statistics and statements on the clubs financial growth and how superb we are being ran. Only to see the match-day revenue stay the same way because no-one is willing to give it up and show these cunts. Problem being, match-day revenue probably isn't all-that important anyways to clubs. Unless it means less TV revenue as a consequence.

They have no ambition and that's what this statement is. A statement of no ambition. The right appointment and backing now and within 4 games you could potentially be in the European spots. Without it you could be bottom. We had the mentality of being too good to go down the last time we went down, so it means fuck all to me that debate. We don't have the bollocks someone like Burnley has, and that showed when they should have beat us up here.

Finally, if these cunts want to be challenged and they want everyone to do that from the bottom up, well fine. The fans are obviously the bottom of this chain in their minds, so we should take this as our call to arms and get at the dipshit, fucktard, cunt-traps.

Doesn't matter a jot what the statement says anyway. Their MO is to reduce expectations and they've no issue intentionally misleading fans, because most of them are thick as mince anyway. They'll lap this shit up and wait six months for the pot of gold, only for there to be another inevitable reason why the pot of gold is once again out of reach.

Just read it again. It's incompetence and greed designed to look like sophistication. The usual drill.

Couldn't agree more.

80 applicants? Fuck right off. A full squad of 25 players? Who does he think he's kidding here? Ashley has given them one remit in their jobs - "don't spend money". That's the be all and end all and it'll see the end of this clubs tenure in the too flight if it allows to continue.

You can't stay in the premiership by drifting. That's all we are doing at the moment, drifting. In fact I'd go as far as to say we may as well be the Mary Fucking Celeste. No direction, no leadership, no goals, no ambition. Fucking crap.

So the 25, let's name them:

Krul

Elliott

Alnwick

Haidara

Santon

Dummett

Janmaat

Raylor

Saylor

Colo

Williamson

Gouffran

Obertan

Siem de Jong

Abeid

Tiote

Sissoko

Cabella

Anita

Colback

Ayoze

Cisse

Riviere

Armstrong

Ferrera

I'll let you all do the squad analysis (i.e. fit / good enough / likely to be sold) for February 1st...

Another one absolutely stealing a living. His statement reads as a bunch of things to do at a later date. Basically nobody but the first team will be doing any work for six months, when the people in charge finally do the bare minimum again.

[quote=IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER'S ARBITRATION TRIBUNAL

PHILIP HAVERS QC (CHAIRMAN)

LORD PANNICK QC

KENNETH MERRETT]26. The Club's explanation for these statements, which, on their case, were simply untrue, was that they were nothing more than an exercise in public relations carried out so as not to undermine Mr Keegan's position and made necessary, in the first place, by statements made by Mr Keegan himself to the press. We found this explanation to be profoundly unsatisfactory.

29. Thirdly, for the Club to have made these statements, when they were, according to the Club, untrue, was, in our view, simply to store up trouble for the future.

If they could 100% get someone's name on a contract and guarantee Garde/Tuchel/whoever taking over at the end of the season, with a full remit to bring in their own staff, then in theory that would be tolerable. In practice, you've still got people who've paid good money to watch John Carver try and stumble his way to 13 points for another 4 months.

I just finished reading this.

I got to say good job to both the Chronicle asking some pertinent questions and Charnley for being pretty open with his answers. It's only a shame it took so long.

In terms of the content, I kind of agree with the general sentiments of building towards the long term and not sacrificing principles for short term popularity. I agree also with the management structure he talked about of the triangle between the MD, chief scout and head coach. The need to find a head coach that fits within their structure is also made clear and again something I would agree very much with.

What I would like to know though are what are the corporate goals or mission statement ? Is it (as I believe it should for any football team) to be the best team in the land and compete for the highest honours ? Or is it to be a financially sound business. Because if it's the former then after 7 years there is little sign of this long term strategy working, 7 years is enough time to have expected to see some progress but we are in exactly the same place as where we were when ashley took over, a nothing club competing for nothing. If it's the latter, then job done in the short term but good luck retaining that profitability when the supporters begin to slowly drift away as they are right now.

While I applaud them for keeping to their principles of long term planning and fire prevention rather than fighting, all good businesses know when they need to compromise those principles by implementing short term solutions, such as right now we need a quality CB in the Jan window, by hook or crook they have to get one in. We also need a head coach in place for the remainder of the season that is capable of getting the points to ensure we stay in the PL, because the guy you have in place right now is not. You might need to accelerate the process by paying compensation for the head coach you want or find a better temporary solution.

I hope they continue to communicate with the fans in this manner, sometimes we don't like what they have to say but the important thing is they are talking again. It would be nice to recognise that and not instantly jump down their throats because we don't like the content of the message. Having said that I don't blame any supporters for having a go at them because that kind of respect needs to be earned and they've done nothing over the last few years to earn any respect from the fans.